[act-ma] Deadline March 10 - Generation Waking Up Leadership Training in JP, April 11 - 13

Kerry Thompson thompson0692 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 03:37:36 PST 2014

I received this notice from a friend of ours, Dan Jubelirer, a Tufts student and a WakeUp facilitator. Please spread the word to those 16 - 30 years old you know who may be interested. The training is amazing and can be a life-changing experience. For more information about Generation Waking Up, see http://generationwakingup.org . For more information about The Pachamama Alliance, see http://www.pachamama.org.

Thanks,
Kerry Thompson
================================

Generation Waking Up -- a sister organization to Pachamama Alliance which has created a youth-oriented version of the Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream symposium called the WakeUp -- is BRINGING A RETREAT TO BOSTON!!

Can you please read below and help spread the word, to any networks or individuals in Boston, all of Massachusetts and New England who may want to attend!

We are also fundraising for scholarships. If you are interested in donating to a scholarship fund to help young people attend this training, please email me directly at danjube at gmail.com :)

Generation Waking Up Boston Leadership Training!

www.generationwakingup.org/boston

APPLY TODAY to join a training for students, activists, entrepreneurs, artists, educators, organizers and young leaders who are committed to transforming our world at the intersection of justice, sustainability, and human thriving.

We are living in a critical moment in history, facing social and environmental challenges like no other generation before, and a profound opportunity to remake our world. Our generation’s calling is clear: to create a thriving, just, sustainable world that works for all, we must take bold and systemic action to transform our lives and society.

AT THIS TRAINING YOU WILL
+ Build community with diverse leaders and build ongoing relationships for partnership & collaboration
+ Develop skills for creating personal, interpersonal, and systemic change
+ Strengthen your understanding of social justice, sustainability, and human thriving
+ Explore your purpose & vision, and create action plan for taking the next steps in your leadership
+ Sharpen your public speaking skills and learn to facilitate The WakeUp Experience, a dynamic, interactive, multimedia experience about the challenges and opportunities of our time

WHO SHOULD APPLY
Young people, ages 16 to 30 - committed to making an impact in your community, school, or organization. We recommend attending the training with 1 or 2 people from your school or community, if possible.

WHEN
April 11-13, 2014
Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm (WakeUp, Open to Public)
Saturday: 10am - 9pm (Training, Part 1)
Sunday: 10am - 4pm. (Training, Part 2)

WHERE
The Heartbeat Collective
35 Wyman St. Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
15 minutes from Downtown Boston
8 Minute walk from Subway

COST - Includes all training materials, food, and lodging. Does not include travel or transportation.
$175 - $99, sliding scale. Please don't let money be a barrier to attending this incredible training. We can help.
Partial scholarships and fundraising support are available. Apply for scholarships on the training application.

LODGING
Lodging is available for people traveling from outside of Boston. Participants can camp in a shared indoor space on the floor, or request a local home stay.

APPLY - Deadline March 10th
Fill out an online training application at the link above. A GenUp team member will contact you to confirm your participation.