[act-ma] 4/11 -13 Science for the People conference (Amherst Mass)

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Mon Mar 31 06:39:24 PDT 2014

If you are not familar with Science for the People check out their
magazine that ran from 1968 to 1989 at
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~schwrtz/SftP/MagazineArchive/MagTOCs.html

Dear People Interested in Science for the People:

*Science for the Peo**ple: The 1970s and Today**
**April 11-13, 2014**
**UMass Amherst*

There are just seven weeks before our conference! We have more than 100
people preregistered and another 30 students attending the conference
for course credit, and I expect many other students, faculty, and
community members will attend as well. So it's big! If you haven't been
following us recently, please check out the amazing program we've put
together: http://science-for-the-people.org/program

Perhaps you will want to join us! If so, please note the following
deadlines coming up:

*MARCH 7 DEADLINE to...*
     * Register for the conference and receive conference memorabilia.
We need to order this stuff in advance, so if you want conference
memorabilia, please register now.
http://science-for-the-people.org/registration (All events are free and
open to the public, so you can just show up... but in that case, no
memorabilia.)
     * Order conference t-shirts. We won't be ordering many extra, so if
you want them, now's the time to buy them! They'll be great! You buy
them on the same site as the registration.
     * Order parking coupons for the campus center garage. This is the
most convenient parking on campus, and with a coupon you can park in the
garage for just $5 a day. Just let me know by March 7th how many parking
coupons you will need and I will make sure they're put in your
registration bag.

*MARCH 10 DEADLINE to...*
     * Book rooms at the reduced rate at the Campus Center Hotel,
Clarion Hotel, and Holiday Inn (see the conference website --
http://science-for-the-people.org/registration -- for rates and contact
information)

Thank you very much!

Sigrid