[act-ma] Online Collaborative Explorations focusing on "Scientific and Political Change", April-May 2014
cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Apr 1 12:34:22 PDT 2014
Online Collaborative Explorations focusing on "Scientific and Political Change"
Collaborative Explorations (CEs) are an extension of Project-Based
Learning (PBL) and related approaches to education in which
participants shape their own directions of inquiry in response to a
scenario in which the problems are not well defined. The online CEs
consist of live 60-minute sessions each week for a month and
exchanges on a private community between sessions. The format is
designed to address the needs of onlne learners who want to:
* participate for shorter periods than a semester-long MOOC
* dig deeper, make "thicker" connections with other learners
* connect topics with their own interests
* learn without needing credits or badges for MOOC completion.
In short, online CEs are "moderately open online collaborative learning."
* April: Preparing people to be informed participants in political
debates about science, technology, and social change
* May: Science-policy connections to improve responses to extreme
Day and time is set to suit the people who register.
Open to the public--please spread the word.
For more information and link for registering:http://collabex.wikispaces.com
Organized in collaboration with UMass Boston's Science in a Changing
World graduate track,http://www.cct.umb.edu/sicw
More information about the Act-MA