[act-ma] Union Organizer Apprenticeship (Full time; stipend included)

Boston Fighting bostonfighting at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:39:38 PDT 2014

UNITE HERE! Local 26 in Boston is seeking full-time apprentices to organize
locally on aggressive national campaigns.

Take on and fight multi-national corporations in the service sector by
building worker-led committees. We work with housekeepers, food service
workers, dishwashers, bell and door staff, and many other employees.

Organize people to stand up for their rights and maintain their motivation
in the long struggle for social justice.

Innovative organizing campaigns, deep rank-and-file member engagement and
leadership development, and our strong training program make UNITE HERE! an
exciting place to create change and build power with workers in the hotel,
gaming and food service industries in the US and Canada.

UNITE HERE!'s goal is to not only organize non-union workers and win
campaigns, but also to train effective progressive labor leaders and
organizers who can develop creative and strategic campaigns to change the
economic balance of power in North America.

We are looking for people who are passionate about fighting for justice and
organizing the unorganized. Experience is not necessary, but passion and
motivation is!

Interested candidates should email a letter of introduction to
bostonfighting at gmail.com - no phone inquiries please