[act-ma] SoJust T-Shirts and 4/7 ProfDev: Accelerate Your Nonprofit Career: Strategic Resume and Cover Letters

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 06:41:18 PDT 2014

It's starting to feel like spring! Time for another print run of *Socializing
for Justice t-shirts. Pre-order yours at www.bit.ly/sojust14shirts
<http://www.bit.ly/sojust14shirts> by April 7th* and arrange to pick up at
one of our May events: 5/3 tabling at Wake Up the Earth, 5/5 Art of the
Schmooze or 5/15 Connecting for Justice. Details and RSVP at www.sojust.org.

Socializing for Justice offers monthly professional development trainings.
Check out this month's ProfDev and please share it with your friends on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153905883410029&set=gm.1402879169978003&type=1>(click
to share event graphic).

*Did you know a professionally written resume and cover letter will
increase your call backs by over 65%? *

*Accelerate Your Nonprofit Career: Strategic Resume and Cover Letters*
Monday, April 7, 6:00 - 8:30 PM at The NonProfit Center by South Station.

*Fee: $10 advance/$20 door - split with trainer Limited space - register
ahead of time: www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org>*
Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).
*Newcomers always welcomed!*

* Accelerate Your Nonprofit Career: Strategic Resume and Cover Letters*
The purpose of this workshop is to accelerate career growth for nonprofit
professionals, career changers, volunteers/interns, and social impact
leaders who want to leverage their volunteer or pro-bono experience as they
search for a nonprofit job. An ineffective resume and cover letter can cost
thousands of dollars in lost time, income, and opportunity. Learn tips for
writing a strong resume, how to weave the right story on your cover letter
to have the greatest impact, and leave with a personal "mission statement"
help you with networking on and off line.

 ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
*Mark McCurdy* is the author of "Strategic Volunteering: 50 Ingredients to
Transform Your Life and Career" <https://www.createspace.com/3475250> and
Founder of the Nonprofit Career Coach <http://thenonprofitcareercoach.org/>,
a company which helps job-seekers and nonprofit organizations fulfill their
missions. They do this by providing strategic one-on-one career coaching,
mentoring, workshops and training to job seekers who want help to
accelerate their careers for the greater good. Mark is an inspiring coach,
in-demand speaker, trainer and one of the first nonprofit career coaches in
the country. Since 2008, he has helped over 4000 professionals accelerate
their nonprofit careers and assisted nonprofit organizations in unearthing
skilled human capital.

SCHEDULE
6:00-6:30 Socializing -
*bring your own dinner * 6:30-8:30 Training and Q&A

**  DIRECTIONS
<http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/site/c.ddKGIQNuEmG/b.1363373/k.5381/About_Us__Directions.htm>
- The NonProfit Center* is located one block from South Station at 89 South
Street. The Center is physically accessible through the main lobby.

*Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org>*
Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host monthly socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev
Series, hosted by The NonProfit Center*, which provides access to
affordable professional development to increase our individual capacity for
movement building.

With almost 2500 members and 7+ years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (170+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

*YES, WE MEAN YOU.* We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

*Want to know more about SoJust?* Check out our  Frequently Asked
Questions<http://sojust.meetup.com/1/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>and
 past
event photos <http://sojust.meetup.com/1/photos/>!