[act-ma] Summer Intern Wanted: Fossil Fuel Divestment

Sarah Byrnes sarah at localcircles.org
Tue May 6 10:25:46 PDT 2014

Are you passionate about the climate movement, divesting from fossil fuels,
and investing in the new economy? Join our team in JP this summer for this
exciting internship.

*To apply for the Fossil Fuel Divest Invest Internship, please email a
resume and cover letter with the name of the internship in the subject line
to Sarah Byrnes atinfo at localcircles.org <info at localcircles.org>. PDF
strongly preferred.*

IPS Boston Summer Internship: *Fossil Fuel Divest Invest*

Internship posted by: Institute for Policy Studies, New England
office<http://www.idealist.org/view/org/WSnkc9j8WssP/>

The Boston office of IPS (www.ips-dc.org) is seeking an intern and/or
volunteer(s) for Summer 2014 (with the possibility to continue into Fall
2014). This cutting edge progressive think tank just celebrated 50 years of
turning ideas into action, and the Boston office is leading some of its
most ground breaking local projects.

Benefits/Perks of Interning with IPS Boston:

   - You'll get real-life, valuable work experience.
   - Work in a vibrant office with a passionate, smart, dedicated and
   entrepreneurial team, including our "Community Leadership Fellows" and
   other summer interns
   - Participate in ongoing professional development "brown bag lunch"
   discussion seminar series
   - Modest stipend & transit benefits may be available
   - Great office location above the Sam Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain

*Divest Invest*, a new project of the Institute for Policy Studies, is
seeking a part-time summer intern to assist with operations and
communications in our Boston office. We're looking for someone who is
passionate about both the climate and divestment movements.

Divestment is an international movement to "divest" money from the world's
200 largest fossil fuel companies. Divestment is the opposite of
investment–it simply means getting rid of stocks, bonds or investment funds.

Working closely with [[http:*350.org|350.org* <http://350.org/>]] and other
movement leaders, *Divest Invest* is a new initiative helping philanthropic
and individual investors divest from fossil fuels. This summer we're
preparing for our public fall launch by collecting divestment pledges from
individual investors, lining up spokespersons, and connecting individuals
with other parts of the movement in universities and colleges, faith-based
institutions, municipalities, states, and more.

As the Divest Invest intern, you'll join a fun and committed team and learn
about this exciting movement up close. Read more at http://divestinvest.org
 and http://gofossilfree.org.

Duties:

   - Manage and track information about signatories to our Divestment Pledge
   - Analyze signatory data in light of broader divestment movement
   - Assist with broader communications and organizing work for Divest
   Invest
   - Keep abreast of new resources in this area for individual investors
   - Expand our reach on social media

Requirements:

   - Passion for the climate movement, especially divestment, and an
   understanding of social justice movements generally
   - Excellent attention to detail
   - Self-starter and team player
   - Strong communication and organizational skills
   - Ability to work on Tuesdays a plus

*Internships are unpaid. Hours are flexible, though office attendance on
Tuesdays is preferred. Start and end dates also flexible.*

*IPS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women,
people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged
to apply.*

--
Sarah Byrnes
Institute for Policy Studies, New England Office

*http://netransition.org <http://netransition.org>*

*http://divestinvest.org <http://netransition.org>*