[act-ma] 6/2 SoJust ProfDev: Take Action! Storytelling That Inspires

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:28:22 PDT 2014

Storytelling is not just for bedtime. Want to learn how to strategically
weave your story into your next fundraising, recruiting or education
campaign? Join Socializing for Justice for a ProfDev (professional
development) training at the NonProfit Center by South Station:

Take Action! Storytelling That Inspires on Monday, June 2, 6:00 - 8:30 PM.

Fee: $10 advance/$20 door - split with trainer
Limited space - register ahead of time: www.sojust.org
Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).
Newcomers always welcomed!

Take Action! Storytelling That Inspires
Whether your focus is raising money, recruiting staff and volunteers, or
educating your audience about key issues, it all comes down to storytelling
strategy.  Rachel Jellinek will share tips on crafting your message,
including some pitfalls to avoid.  She'll share examples from the videos
she's created through her company Reflection Films.This interactive session
will also include an opportunity for participants to share their
experiences with storytelling. The focus of this conversation will be on
storytelling ideas and what to do with them, not on the technical aspects
of video production.

ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Rachel Jellinek is a partner at Reflection Films, an award-winning video
production company. They produce marketing, fundraising, and training
videos for a variety of nonprofits and businesses. Ms. Jellinek holds a
Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan and a Master of Arts from
Harvard University.  Prior to Reflection Films, she worked on educational
campaigns at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, as a health
educator for children, as a director for a literacy program, and as a
community relations liaison at MIT.  Her experience in the nonprofit world
lends itself well to understanding how to tell client stories in an
emotionally compelling and entertaining way.

SCHEDULE
6:00-6:30 Socializing -  bring your own dinner
6:30-8:30 Training and Q&A

*  DIRECTIONS - The NonProfit Center is located one block from South
Station at 89 South Street. The Center is physically accessible through the
main lobby.

Invite your friends to the Facebook event: http://bit.ly/profdev614
Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org
Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host monthly socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev
Series, hosted by The NonProfit Center*, which provides access to
affordable professional development to increase our individual capacity for
movement building.

With almost 2500 members and 7+ years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (175+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

YES, WE MEAN YOU. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

Want to know more about SoJust? Check out our  Frequently Asked Questions
and  past event photos!