[act-ma] Fwd: [Budget4AllMass] Vigil against military intervention in Iraq

Terra Friedrichs terraf at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 17 23:00:07 PDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Budget4AllMass] Vigil against military intervention in Iraq
Date: 	Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:35:31 +0000
From: 	Paul Shannon <PShannon at afsc.org>

Please spread the word
Emergency Vigil: No Military Intervention in Iraq
When: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Where: Harvard Sq * MBTA Entrance * Cambridge
As the situation in Iraq deteriorates, the "Never Learn" caucus is demanding US military intervention in the form of ground troops, air strikes, Special Operations and weapons deliveries. Imagine: the same people who lied us into invading and destroying Iraq society, sparking the sectarian brutality we see, now want us to follow them off the cliff again. And President Obama appears to be preparing for disastrous military action.
In addition to killing more people, a new attack in Iraq will drain more resources from our communities that need jobs and vital services.
The unfolding tragedy in Iraq is a direct consequence of the illegal and brutal American invasion and occupation of that country. The least helpful idea is for the United States to involve itself militarily in Iraq or Syria. US military intervention, whether directly or by providing arms, will increase the suffering of people in those countries and enhance the risk of a wider regional conflict.
Continuing our disastrous 34 year old policy toward Iraq is criminal and insane. We must raise or voices and demand a change in that policy.
Join us in Harvard Square Wednesday at 5pm. Better yet, hold a vigil in your community, at this time or another time.
Sponsored by United for Justice with Peace 617-354-2169
Also, on Saturday: No to Military Intervention in Iraq or Syria!

Saturday<https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2014/June/21>
at 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Park St. Station (Tremont & Park)
Boston