[act-ma] 7/30 Rally at State House to stop fracked gas pipeline

Martin Dagoberto radoptimist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:35:40 PDT 2014

*WHAT*: Rally to Stop the Pipeline!
*WHERE:* Boston Common* (across from the State House)*
*WHEN:* July 30, 2014 – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM

WHY:
People from across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have been marching
from Richmond to Dracut following the route of the proposed Kinder Morgan
Fracked Gas Pipeline. Along the way we have been collecting signatures that
will be handed to a member of the group of 18 legislators whose districts
include the communities impacted by this huge industrial project.

This pipeline issue has far reaching consequences for the State of
Massachusetts, New England and the fracking industry as a whole. The July
30th rally, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, at the Statehouse in Boston is a milestone
in our efforts to inform the public, our legislators and the Governor about
the dangers of continued reliance on toxic hydrocarbon fuels and the
necessity of removing the fossil industry’s grip on renewable energy
potential by shifting investments away from fossil fuel technology and into
renewables.

As has always been the case, in struggles like these, your presence and
your voice matters. Our work has been effective because it is built upon a
foundation of popular support. I know that you who are reading this also
support our efforts but we need you to demonstrate that support to decision
makers in our state government.

Please join us in making that statement loud and clear!

Details: http://www.nofrackedgasinmass.org/boston-rally-july-30-2014/

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/430232417116649/?fref=ts