[act-ma] Space Week (Oct 4-11) Actions List in Formation [full-sized poster at bottom]

James in Cambridge tompaine at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:07:32 PDT 2014

      [from: globalnet at mindspring.com Bruce Gagnon Bath, Maine]

October 4-11,
2014

Keep Space for
Peace Week
International
Week of Protest to
Stop the Militarization of
Space

Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing
No Missile
Defense
No to NATO Expansion
End Corporate Domination of Foreign/Military
Policy
Convert the Military Industrial Complex

List in formation

  Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 4) Vigil across from
  administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers outfitted
  with “missile defense” systems built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am   Smilin’ Trees Disarmament Farm
  (207) 763-4062

  Berlin, Germany
  (Oct 4) Fly Kites, Not Drones! Gather in front of the German Parliament at
  11:00 am and fly kites to make clear that we do not want to be threatened by
  drones and we do not want people anywhere to be threatened by drones. Then at
  15:00, we will meet in parks throughout the city and fly kites to continue our
  protest. kampfdrohnen.aechten.berlin at gmx.de

  Berlin, Germany
  (Oct 3-5) Anti-War Conference Berlin at Haus der Demokratie und
  Menschenrechte. An initiative of scientists and journalists against
  militarization in Germany and in the member states of European Union and NATO.
  The conference will focus on new dimensions in the preparation and conduct of
  war through the use of information technology, media propaganda and recently
  developed weapons such as drones. http://antikriegskonferenz.de/

  RAF Croughton, England (Oct 5) Rally at U.S. satellite
  communication base, March to main gate 1 mile - starts Croughton village 12.00
  midday, Returns 3:00 pm, Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, oxonpeace at yahoo.co.uk

  King of Prussia, PA
  (Oct 11) Noon - 3pm, large MQ-9 Reaper Drone Replica Display and kite
  flying in front of Lockheed Martin (L-M) at intersection of Mall & Goddard
  Boulevards.   L-M is making a
  killing in drone war and surveillance technology, building the
  remote-controlled unmanned planes and satellites that direct the drones and
  launch their deadly Hellfire missiles which L-M also builds. It is expected to
  go online in 2015. For more info Brandywine Peace Community, (610) 544-1818 brandywine at juno.com  or www.brandywinepeace.com

  Maine Walk for Peace & a Sustainable Future (Oct
  11-20) Peace walk led by Nipponzan Myohoji from Rangeley to North Berwick. The
  walk will protest the growing militarization of the Maine economy and will
  call for conversion to sustainable production to help deal with climate
  change. Sponsored by Maine Veterans For Peace.   www.vfpmaine.org

  Menwith Hill,
  England (Oct 11)
  Demonstration at NSA Spy Base in Yorkshire
  focused on drones in particular and US
  missile defense in general. 6-8 pm.   Sponsored by CAAB  mail at caab.corner.org.uk  or 01423
884076

  Stuttgart, Germany
  (Oct 4) Protest against Drones and AFRICOM  at 02:00 pm at AFRICOM Headquarters.
  More information to come.

·    Vandenberg
AFB, CA (Oct 1) Vigil at front gate of space warfare base from 3:30
to 4:45.  Contact Dennis Apel at
(805) 343-6322

-
Keep Space for Peace
Week is
co-sponsored by the Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom,
KnowDrones.com and the Drone Campaign Network (UK)

-
October
4 is also a Global Action Day Against the Use of
Drones for Surveillance & Killing and is being sponsored by a host of groups around
the world.  See more at http://globaldayofaction.nationbuilder.com/

Resources:

·        Download our full-size space week
poster at:  http://www.space4peace.org/actions/Keep%20Space%20for%20Peacer%20Poster%202014.pdf

Global Network Against Weapons
& Nuclear Power in Space
PO Box 652