[act-ma] 10/11 Peña - Indigenous Peoples' Day
cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Oct 5 09:44:45 PDT 2014
Peña - Indigenous Peoples' Day <http://encuentro5.org/home/node/326>
*Saturday, October 11, 2014, 7:00 p.m. *
Organized around the theme of Indigenous Peoples' Day and celebrating
the Global South
Join us for a night of folklore, storytelling, arte y amor, the poetry
of struggle bringing histories to life, and life to our circles of song.
A Peña is a gathering of musicians, artists, and friends who come to
share their work and to play together. Peñas take historical root from
Chilean social gatherings during the 60s and early 70s that expressed
the spirit of creativity and resistance in melody, poems, and artwork.
Please feel free to bring your own stories, songs, poems, or artwork to
* Join the Peña rebelde Facebook group here
* Join the encuentro5 Facebook group here
* Like the encuentro5 Facebook /page/ here
* See past Peñas here <http://encuentro5.org/home/taxonomy/term/115>
* Let us know that you're coming here (optional)
Soft drinks and refreshments served. $5 donation requested, no one
turned away for lack of funds.
More information about the Act-MA