[act-ma] [UJP] Emergency Forum: Medea Benjamin on our New Wars in Syria and Iraq (LOCATION CHANGE)

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Thu Oct 9 00:45:02 PDT 2014

UJP: Emergency Forum: Medea Benjamin on our New Wars in Syria and Iraq
(LOCATION CHANGE) P,LI, BODY, DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
IMG {border: 2px solid black;} LI {font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter {text-align:
center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== EMERGENCY FORUM: MEDEA BENJAMIN ON OUR NEW WARS IN SYRIA AND IRAQ
         (LOCATION CHANGE) ===================================================

*Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 7:00 pm*
*Harvard Science Center D • 1 Oxford St **• Cambridge **• **Harvard
T * **** NEW LOCATION! ****

.... */How should we respond to the new US war in Iraq and Syria and the
     dangers this war may unleash in our violent world?/*

The U.S. attacks on Syria launched Sept. 22 are a disastrous setback for
peace, for the rule of law, and for sound U.S. foreign policy.  Why did the
US launch them, how can we stop them,  and what are the nonviolent
alternatives we should advocate?

.... */How do we build on the convergence of peace, social justice and
     climate groups that created the gigantic climate march in New York on
     September 21?/*

This new emergency in the Middle East drives home once again the need for the
climate movement, the peace movement, and the movements for social and racial
justice to create a mass movement around the inter-related crisis of climate,
peace, vast social inequality and democracy.

*No one is better qualified to address these questions than Medea Benjamin
(who, it just so happens, has recently returned from her trip to Iran)*

Medea Benjamin is a cofounder of both CODEPINK and the international human
rights organization Global Exchange.  Benjamin is the author of eight books.
Her latest book is  /Drone Warfare: Killing by Remote Control/, and she has
been campaigning to stop the use of killer drones. Her work for justice in
Israel/Palestine includes taking numerous delegations to Gaza after the 2008
Israeli invasion, organizing the Gaza Freedom March in 2010, participating in
the Freedom Flotillas./ New York Newsday/ describes her as "one of
America's most committed -- and most effective -- fighters for human rights".

*Don’t **miss this opportunity at this especially dangerous moment to hear
this leading thinker and activist for peace and social justice.*

Sponsored by the Harvard Palestine Solidarity Committee and Harvard Students
for a Just Foreign Policy

Endorsed by United for Justice with Peace and Massachusetts Peace Action

*Additional Boston Area Talks by Medea Benjamin*

Tuesday, Oct. 21, noon - Northeastern University

Tuesday, Oct. 21, 7pm - Wellesley College - panel with Catia Confortini and
Eric Wasileski

Wednesday, Oct. 22, 4pm - Suffolk University

Thursday, Oct. 23, noon - Clark University, Worcester - Activists United

Thursday, Oct. 23, 4pm - Brandeis University - Student Peace Alliance

*For Details* on additional events: 617-354-2169, info at masspeaceaction.org
[1]

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[3]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [4]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [5] Upcoming Events:  Mid East In
Flames: Israel, Palestine, Iran---and The Bomb [6] Thu Oct 9 7:30pm encuentro
5 Boston Vigil and Leaflet on wars - Iraq and Syria [7] Sat Oct 11 10:30am
Arlington Center Arlington UJP to march in HONK! Parade [8] Sun Oct 12
12:00pm Davis Square Somerville Gather Signatures to Stop Iraq & Syria
Bombing at HONK! [9] Sun Oct 12 1:00pm in front of Starbucks Cambridge Naomi
Klein: This Changes Everything [10] Thu Oct 16 7:00pm First Parish in
Cambridge Cambridge Music for Peace: Beethoven Solo Piano Recital [11] Sat
Oct 18 7:30pm Harvard-Epworth Methodist Church Cambridge Understanding China
& U.S.-Chinese Relations: A Key to World Politics [12] Tue Oct 21 7:00pm
Encuentro 5 Boston Emergency Forum: Medea Benjamin on our New Wars in Syria
and Iraq [13] Wed Oct 22 7:00pm Harvard Science Center D Cambridge (LOCATION
CHANGE)
/More Peace and Justice Events [14].    How to Submit Events [15]/

[1] mailto:info at masspeaceaction.org
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org