[act-ma] Mary Melnick performs her piece for Sacco and Vanzetti - November 1 at CCB

Sergio Reyes sreyes1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 05:32:11 PDT 2014

SAVE THE DATE AND PASS THE WORD
Mary Melnick in Concert in Boston, November 1, 2014
Mary Melnick in Concert
Performing Her Recent Composition:
"Sacco and Vanzetti, the Italian Years"
Saturday, November 1, 2014 – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Lothrop Auditorium, Second Floor

Mary Melnick is a pianist and composer who currently lives in Burlington, Vermont. This year she released an 82 minute musical composition dedicated to the two Italian men executed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by electric chair in 1927. The piece is entitled “Sacco and Vanzetti, the Italian Years”. She will perform this original composition live for the first time in Boston at the Community Church of Boston.

When asked, “Why did you decide to compose a major musical piece in memory of the two executed men? What do you want the listeners to get out of it?” Mary replied: “What I would hope the listeners would get out of this composition is the feeling of these men's convictions, their strength and absolute bravery. Their dedication to their beliefs and their humbleness and great wisdom and struggle for equality for the working man must ring in our ears forever, and I can only hope this music and the recurring themes will begin to haunt the listener so that they are inspired to read about these men and think more about how much their lives and deaths contributed to the common good. Composing is not about me at all. It is about the subject matter and emotion and the love of sound.” (Read the full interview at www.saccoandvanzetti.org.)

The Sacco and Vanzetti Commemoration Society and the Community Church of Boston are proud to present Mary Melnick in concert. You are cordially invited to attend.

Free and open to the public. Donations welcome.

The program will start sharply at 5:30pm.

For more information email info at saccoandvanzetti.org or call 617-290-5614
www.saccoandvanzetti.org
The Community Church of Boston: Celebrating our Peace and Justice Congregation Since 1920
|   |
| The Community Church of Boston: Celebrating our Peace and Justice Congregation Since 1920If this page does not re-direct youin a moment clickhere.  |
|  |
| View on www.communitychurchofboston.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |