[act-ma] 10/21 Linux Class @ SETC

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Thu Oct 16 10:30:42 PDT 2014

Have you heard about Linux?  Linux is an operating system that's
developed by hundreds of groups from all around the world, and it's a
viable alternative to corporate-controlled systems like Microsoft
Windows and Mac OS X.

Linux is "free software".  That's "free as in freedom"; you can
install free software on as many computers as you want, use it for any
purpose you want, and give copies away to your friends.  Free software
is as much a social movement as it is a technology movement.

We give Linux classes on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from
6:30 - 8:00 pm, at the South End Technology Center [1], 359 Columbus
Ave, Boston, MA, about a block away from the Back Bay T station.

On Tuesday, October 21th, we're going to do more Linux installations,
and build out a few computers for the SETC.  It will be a hands-on
night for all.

Want to try Linux on your computer?  Bring it Tuesday night and we'll
help you get it installed.  (But please let me know if you're planning
to bring a machine, so I can make sure we have enough installation
media to go around.)

Just want to watch?  Thanks fine too -- come by and ask questions!

Hope to see you Tuesday night.

Steve

[1] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/contactus.html