[act-ma] Sun Oct 19, Wed Oct 22: Flood Boston planning meetings

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Fri Oct 17 04:30:53 PDT 2014

Flood Boston planning meetings:

(forwarding)

As part of a beautiful group of folks who worked together at the Flood Wall
Street <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htTm6JSUjQs> event in NYC the day
following the People's Climate March, we are trying to facilitate a climate
direct action network around boston. We have two events planned, with the
aim is to bring together some of the different folks who have participated
in past actions (XL Dissent, KXL pledge, Brayton Point, Salem, transcanada,
pipelines) and who might want to participate in more. We are also trying to
reach folks who may not have participated in direct action but who would
like to (and there are many many non-arrestable roles and non-civil
disobedience actions we could take). We all know we have tremendous power
in Boston. We hope to work with others to create a culture of empowerment,
where folks are empowered to step up, plan, and carry out empowering,
effective, and principled actions. We believe in the power of decentralized
but coordinated actions, so here's to getting that going locally, and to
seeing you all!

Sunday Oct. 19th, 1:00-3:30PM, MIT building 56
<http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=56> room 154. facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/510626222406808/>
Wed. Oct. 22 6:30-9:00 PM, Lucy Parsons Center, 358A Centre St., Boston.
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/358+Centre+St,+Boston,+MA+02130/@42.32224
09,-71.1076541,15z/data=%214m2%213m1%211s0x89e379787379937d:0x15ac347909ebaa
46>
facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/1554563841440012/>

With deep love,
Bobby