[act-ma] Webinar: Resilience Circles - Small Groups for Learning, Mutual Aid, and Social Action

Sarah Byrnes sarah at localcircles.org
Tue Nov 11 09:50:43 PST 2014

Tuesday, November 18
1pm ET

*Register here!*
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8127522144892632322>

Join this webinar to learn how small groups of 8 – 15 people can form
Resilience Circles for learning, mutual aid and social action. *Circles are
a great way to form community, build resilience, and have fun!*

Unemployment and a tough economy are affecting millions of people. Many of
us are worried about our financial security, threats to the environment,
and more.

*Our challenges are made worse by a culture of isolation and disconnection.*
 The skills we need to build community do not come as naturally as they
once did. We can’t afford to be disconnected, because isolated individuals
cannot create lasting social change. It’s up to networked communities to do
that.

*That’s part of why people have been forming small “Resilience Circles” and
affinity groups of 8 – 15 people.* These groups are exploring a new kind of
security based in mutual aid and community support.

Join us on this webinar to hear stories from two Resilience Circles:

   - *Carrie Sonnenborn - near Denver, CO*
   - *Matthew Mosher - Three Rivers, MI*

Carrie and Matthew will share lessons and stories from their Circles. We’ll
also hear from Sarah Byrnes, the coordinator of the Resilience Circles
Network.

*Register here!*
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8127522144892632322>

*Read more Resilience Circles and Affinity Groups *

How to Win Friends and Influence the New Economy
<https://www.opendemocracy.net/transformation/sarah-byrnes/how-to-win-friends-and-influence-new-economy>,
Transformation Magazine

For Real Change, Conversations Not Debates
<http://www.commondreams.org/views/2012/10/04/real-change-conversations-not-debates>,
Common
Dreams

How Small Groups Can Power Big Change
<http://www.yesmagazine.org/blogs/common-security-clubs/how-small-grops-can-power-big-change>,
YES! Magazine

Learning to Live on Less
<http://www.yesmagazine.org/blogs/common-security-clubs/learning-to-live-on-less>,
YES! Magazine

--
Sarah Byrnes
Institute for Policy Studies, New England Office