[act-ma] 11/13 The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil followed by a discussion led by local Cuba expert Nancy Kohn.

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Nov 12 10:48:32 PST 2014

Unfortunately, our speaker, Mario Alberto Arrasta Avila from Cuba, was
unable to obtain a visa to the United States to be with us tomorrow
night. However, *in solidarity with Mario and his work, the Jamaica
Plain Forum will be screening his film: /The Power of Community: How
Cuba Survived Peak Oil
<http://act.ips-dc.org/site/R?i=w8ygZ1rVOgNuyyEgYyT3Og>/*followed by a
discussion led by local Cuba expert Nancy Kohn.

We are sad that Mario cannot join us tomorrow night but we hope you will
come out to support his work.  "Everyone who is concerned about Peak Oil
needs to see this film," writes Richard Heinberg, author of /The Party's
Over, Powerdown. /*Please join us at First Church JP, 6 Eliot St, at 7pm
on Thursday 11/13 for a film screening. *

In Solidarity,

Sarah Byrnes & Tracy Bindel

Co-sponsored by Coop Power.
<http://act.ips-dc.org/site/R?i=okcq_ySSO9n9K4JqkrZwcQ>