[act-ma] 2/6 Impact the Global Community with Oxfam! Volunteer Gathering at Pavement

Sapana Thomas sapanathomas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 13:27:34 PST 2015

Hi all,

Looking for a way to impact the global community while living in
Massachusetts? The Oxfam Action Corps of volunteers does work here in
Boston to do just that, through a combination of advocacy (lobbying members
of congress on issues of particular concern to Oxfam America), outreach and
education of the local community, and asking consumers at concerts, farmers
markets, and other events to lend their voices to petitions which influence
our own government and major corporations. We're looking to fight poverty,
hunger, and injustice, and want you to join us in our work!

Come join us at our open planning and networking meeting to learn more
about upcoming opportunities: Tuesday January 6th, 6-7pm.
*Pavement Coffee House* - 1096 Boylston Street
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pavement+Coffeehouse/@42.346894,-71.088437,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89e37a1b20c66fbb:0xe9039b7373063a70>

Look for us in Oxfam shirts and signs!
Warm up with a mug of coffee or tea and hear what Oxfam is up to! Come meet
like-minded people and take real action that makes a change in global
poverty! We'll be brainstorming ideas for a social event in January and a
volunteering event in either January or February that will help the local
Boston community.

For more information, please email boston at oxfamactioncorps.org

Best,
Sapana Thomas