[act-ma] 3/15: Join a People's Parade for Peace, the Environment, Justice and Equality March 15 in South Boston

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Wed Feb 25 07:09:21 PST 2015

Dear Supporter,

Begining as a battle for inclusion of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and
Transgender people and pro-peace veterans, the annual St. Patrick's Peace
Parade has become the largest peace event in the Boston area and grown to
become a convergence in the street of many of our important movements for
survival and justice.
 St. Patrick’s Peace Parade People’s Parade for Peace, Equality, Jobs,
Environmental Stewardship, Social & Economic Justice
March 15 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm - South Boston

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gTziC1cSR2DMFwqtpyZqn3D6BMTu7ha6>
 *Unite, Participate, Celebrate* *Please join us for our 5th Annual Saint
Patrick’s Peace Parade, the Alternative People’s Parade for Peace,
Equality, Jobs, Environmental Stewardship, Social and Economic Justice!*

*Sign Up to Attend – We Need to Know You will Be There!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YA6Ysi6E5N9uRBe2pxq3JD%2BuXR55sjeS>
 *

There are several DIVISIONS marching in the parade, as well as two marching
bands, Duck Boats, bagpipers, and the Bread and Puppet Theater. The
DIVISIONS are: Veterans groups; Peace groups; LGBT groups; Faith groups;
environmental groups; social and economic justice groups; labor groups;
political groups. Please invite your group(s) to come!
Contact: Massachusetts Peace Action, Cole Harrison, info at masspeaceaction.org,
617-354-2169; Veterans for Peace, Pat Scanlon, info at massvfp.org,
978-475-1776; faith groups contact Lara Hoke, minister at uuandover.org.

*Why are there two parades in South Boston on Saint Patrick’s Day?   Read
the essay by Pat Scanlon
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=75FVFvpbf1fSUOhpEnG%2F%2F3D6BMTu7ha6>*

Vets4PeaceChapter9 at gmail.com     Phone: 978-475-1776

*Sign Up to Attend – We Need to Know You will Be There!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zMcD6GJTeQSRm2bOTosNDz%2BuXR55sjeS>
 *

*DIRECTIONS & LOGISTICS*

The parade route is 4.5 miles and ends at Andrew Station.

*Rides *along the parade route are available for those who need them, but
please let us know ahead of time that you may need a ride.

*Come by T *if at all possible as the area will be very congested.
*Broadway* is the closest MBTA subway station.

*Parking *is available for participants in the St. Patrick’s Peace Parade.
Vehicles *must* enter from the north from Summer Street onto D Street; the
parking lot is at 383 D Street. Look for the lot with 40 foot white truck
trailers.   Allow extra time for traffic.

*From the North*

Route I-93 to South Station exit (20 A). Merge onto Purchase Street to
light (100 feet). Make a left onto Summer Street (will pass South Station
on right). Go approx. 1 mile to Convention Center. Turn right onto D
Street, parking lot .2 mile up on left, (look for VFP Flag)

*From South*

Route I-93 – Take exit 20 toward South Station. Follow signs for Chinatown,
continue straight onto Lincoln Street, turn right onto Kneeland Street,
turn left onto Atlantic, south Station will be up on your right. Take a
right onto Summer Street. Go approx. 1 mile to Convention Center. Turn
right onto D Street, parking lot .2 mile up on left, (look for VFP Flag)

*Sign Up to Attend – We Need to Know You will Be There!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PbnJVh5FEDbmth%2B84kCntnD6BMTu7ha6>
 *

 ------------------------------

*Join Massachusetts Peace Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6MZrPBv%2BERJkXBixURe5cXD6BMTu7ha6>
- or renew your membership in advance for 2015!  *
Dues are $40/year for an individual, $65 for a family, or $10 for student/
unemployed/low income.  Members vote for leadership and endorsements,
receive newsletters and discounts on event admissions.  *Donate now and you
will be a member in good standing through December 2015!*  Your financial
support
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YT7pZtLa5c1WmQ5QcpatFHD6BMTu7ha6>
makes this work possible!

[image: PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9DQDXmUWP%2Fblkf6JvB9423D6BMTu7ha6>

Massachusetts Peace Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3%2Fc9yXRsE44HJsdQmMeXxXD6BMTu7ha6>,
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138