[act-ma] 3/06 Remember X: Keynote Address by Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Mon Mar 2 09:36:07 PST 2015

*_Friday, March 6^th , 7:00pm_*

Special Event

**

*/Remember X: The Life and Legacy of a Civil Rights Legend/*

with Keynote Address by Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X

The Harvard Islamic Society, in conjunction with the Black Students
Association, the Black Men's Forum, the Association of Black Harvard
Women, and the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations
are proud to present *Remember X: The Life and Legacy of a Civil Rights
Legend*. This event will feature Malcolm's youngest daughter, Ilyasah
Shabazz, as the keynote speaker. Our goals for the event are simple, to
raise awareness of the immense legacy left by Malcolm X in the many
arenas of his life. We hope to promote a more complex and well rounded
dialogue about his significance in our country's history, as well as the
untold narrative of civil rights and Islam as they did and continue to
exist together in America. This event has been generously sponsored by
the Hutchins Center for African & African American Research and the
Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal Center for Islamic Studies at Harvard University.

*Ames Courtroom, Austin Hall, Harvard Law School, 1515 Massachusetts
Avenue, Cambridge, MA*

*
*

*------------------*

*
*

*Also - *

*
*

*
*

*_Wednesday, March 4^th , 12:00pm_*

W. E. B. Du Bois Research Institute Spring Colloquium

**

*Kathleen Cleaver*

Senior Lecturer, Emory University School of Law; Senior Lecturer,
African American Studies, Yale University

_Fellow’s Bio_ <http://hutchinscenter.fas.harvard.edu/kathleen-neal-cleaver>

*/Memories of Love and War/*

*
Thompson Room, Barker Center, 12 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA*

Free and open to the public. Please feel free to bring a lunch.