[act-ma] March 23 Documentary UKRAINE IS NOT A BROTHEL in Harvard Square

gen at lef-foundation.org gen at lef-foundation.org
Tue Mar 10 14:02:14 PDT 2015

Thanks to everyone from Act-MA who came to our screening of UNDERGROUND last night!

Later this month, we'll host another documentary screening that we'd like to share with activist groups around Boston - Here are the details:
--
On March 23 at 7PM at the Brattle Theatre in Harvard Square, the DocYard will screen the 2013 documentary UKRAINE IS NOT A BROTHEL, by Australian-based director Kitty Green about the Ukrainian feminist group FEMEN.

Director Kitty Green will attend via Skype for Q&A

The film won a Special Mention at the 2013 Venice Film Festival and has also gained acclaim at festivals around the world including HotDocs, True/False, IDFA, and BFI London.

Synopsis: Outraged by the world’s image of Ukrainian women as either brides for sale or commodities of sex tourism, Femen bare their breasts in protest to disrupt this perception and agitate against these brutal patriarchal forces.  Now, for the first time, “Ukraine Is Not A Brothel” offers an intimate glimpse inside the world’s most provocative feminist organization. A movement that began in the snow-filled streets of a corrupt, post-Soviet Ukraine, Femen’s naked war against patriarchy is gaining momentum across Europe, but before they can take the world by storm, these bold and beautiful women must first come to terms with the  sometimes contradictory forces and motives that powered their movement’s rise to international prominence.

Here is the Facebook event with more info and a trailer: [ https://www.facebook.com/events/417632521727633/ ]( https://www.facebook.com/events/417632521727633/ )

Thanks,
Gen
--