[act-ma] RootsCamp MA 2015 registration is open (progressive "unconference")

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:31:58 PDT 2015

Hi fellow activists and organizers,

I'm excited to share that Socializing for Justice is one of the lead
sponsors and lead organizers of RootsCamp MA on April 25-26 at 1199SEIU in
Dorchester.

Not familiar with RootsCamp MA? This is a cross-issue, progressive,
movement building "unconference" where the attendees drive the agenda.
Learn more at www.RootsCampMA.org.

*Registration is open*
You are invited to attend. We encourage you to register for the event this
week at www.rootscampma15.eventbrite.com. Tickets are $20 and include
breakfast, lunch, and snacks for two days. A limited number of $10 tickets
are available. Sponsorships of $100, $250, and $500 help keep the ticket
price accessible.

*Call for volunteers*
RootsCamp MA is an all-volunteer effort that is organized in just 10 weeks.
We will need additional help throughout the weekend of the event. Please
fill out the volunteer interest form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EX1gnFlb3WYOXD-CppdgZp-cmrrSbzOLfqkvJPAmWho/viewform>
so
we can match your availability, skills, and interest as we schedule
volunteers.

*What will YOU present?*
Since this is a participant-driven event so we are strongly encouraging you
to come prepared to present a session or facilitate a dialogue. You know
what you know, and you know what you are curious about. Bring that and
we'll all benefit from the shared learning and relationship building. It’s
an “unconference”, so all sessions are chosen the morning of the event. Let
us know what session you might lead so we can create some buzz about it!

*Who will you invite?*
Invite your friends to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/795042047246411/> and share this Facebook
graphic
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155322600205029&set=gm.796014150482534&type=1>.
On
Twitter? Follow @RootsCampMA <http://www.twitter.com/rootscampma> and click
the links below to share these tweets:

ClickToTweet: <http://ctt.ec/3_92D> . at RootsCampMA progressive
"unconference" April 25-26 @ 1199SEIU in Dorchester. $10-$20
http://ctt.ec/3_92D+ #Boston #p2 #rootsma Pls RT

ClickToTweet: <http://ctt.ec/JFP69> Looking for RootsCamp MA call for
proposals? "Unconference" = agenda decided on the spot. Sign up!
www.RootsCampMA.org <http://www.rootscampma.org/> #rootsma #p2 #Boston

Below my signature is our press release, t
hank you for your help spreading the word about this amazing event. We hope
you can join us on April 25-26 at RootsCamp MA.

In solidarity,
Robbie

p.s. Curious what to expect? Check out the 2013 RootsCamp MA Storify
<https://storify.com/robbiesamuels/rootscamp-ma-for-organizers-by-organizers>
for photos, videos, and tweets. You'll see the magic we created together.

Robbie Samuels & David Sloane
RootsCamp MA Lead Organizers
www.RootsCampMA.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 22, 2015 - Boston, MA

RootsCamp MA - For Organizers, By Organizers Attendees Call the Shots at
Progressive “Unconference”

RootsCamp MA (April 25-26, 2015 at 1199SEIU in Dorchester) shakes up the
traditional conference model. No need to submit workshop proposals in
advance. Instead attendees decide an agenda together each morning of the
conference. This allows participants to have meaningful and in-the-moment
conversations about their work.

This is cross-issue progressive movement building, where all attendees
bring what they know and what they are curious about. They establish
lasting new partnerships with other organizers from all over the region.
This "unconference" model builds on the success of 2013 & 2010 RootsCamp MA
and national RootsCamps in DC dating back to 2006.

“Unconferences take advantage of the fact that we all have ideas and
talents to contribute, as well as things to learn,” said Jessica Critcher,
co-organizer of Socializing for Justice, one of several lead sponsors of
the conference.

Organized in just 10 weeks by volunteers, this event has gained the support
of many including Gold Sponsors: NGP VAN, Socializing for Justice, and
Third Sector New England. With the help of our sponsors and partners,
RootsCamp MA organizers are committed to making this an accessible event
for a diverse group of attendees. Tickets are priced on a sliding scale of
$10-$20, which includes breakfast, lunch and snacks for two days. Children
are welcome to attend. Discounted housing available at Hostelling
International Boston for attendees from outside of metro Boston area.