[act-ma] 4/11: SATURDAY! Tax Day: A Time to Speak up for our Values

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Wed Apr 8 18:42:56 PDT 2015

Tax Day: A Time to Speak up for our Values

This year, Republicans control both houses of Congress. They are sharpening
their knives to cut vital programs the country needs. At the same time,
both Congress and the President are calling for increasing the Pentagon
budget, going to war and spending billions to upgrade our vast nuclear
weapons capability.

Meanwhile the highest income groups and corporate tax cheats merrily go
their way instead of paying their fair share.

But there are voices everywhere in the country speaking up for common
sense, peace, public programs that our families need, and a country we can
be proud of. On Tax Day we will join our voices to theirs and insist on
budget priorities and tax policies that match our values.

We need a *Budget for All!*

*Tax Day Forum*

*Saturday, April 11, 2:00 pm*

*Old South Church*

*645 Boylston St, Boston*

*Mel King  Jimmy Tingle  Grace Ross Sen. Jason Lewis Sen. Jamie Eldridge
Rep. Jay Livingstone Sen. Sal DiDomenico Angela Canterbury, Council for a
Livable World Jill Stein, Green Rainbow Party Joseph Gerson, American
Friends Service Committee Ed Woll, Mass. Sierra Club Harris Gruman, SEIU
State Political Director Darrin Howell, 1199SEIU Cleve Ray, Boston Homeless
Solidarity Ronda Jackson, Save Our Section 8 Kathy Watkins, Cambridge
Residents Alliance Jonathan King, Professor of Biology, MIT; medical
researcher and NIH grant recipient Liz King, MoveOn Boston Council Mary
Regan, New England Tax Resistance *

*and many more*

*lunch will be served at the forum*

*Apple: Pay all your taxes like the rest of us!*

*Protest Corporate Tax Cheats*

*Saturday, April 11, 12:30 pm*

*Apple Store, **815 Boylston St. at Fairfield, **Boston · Copley T*

*[image: BlueAppleLogo.50]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/BlueAppleLogo.50.jpg>*

*Apple Computer *moves most of its profits into offshore tax havens so it
doesn’t have to pay U.S. taxes on them. Last year alone *Apple* avoided
paying $44 billion on profits parked overseas! Bank of America does the
same. Other companies like Verizon and Citibank don’t pay any taxes at all!
Imagine what all those billions and billions of dollars could do for mass
transit, renewable energy, poverty alleviation, education, job creation!
Instead, with all the money they save, they can buy elections. OK boys:
Time to pay your share.

Sponsored by the *Budget for All!* Coalition

--
Cole Harrison
Executive Director