[act-ma] Maine Climate Justice Rally in Augusta on Saturday - April 11

Roger Leisner rleisnerrfm at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 09:07:53 PDT 2015

This Saturday, Maine youth and their supporters will gather in Augusta for the largest youth-led climate action in Maine history.

We are calling the march and rally Generation Climate Rising (though people of all ages are encouraged to attend). Can you be part of this special event?WHAT: Generation Climate Rising
WHEN: Saturday, April 11th, 11:00-2:00
WHERE: Steps of the Capitol Building, Augusta, MaineClick here to RSVP on Facebook.Maine Students for Climate Justice is a coalition of student groups from across Maine. Today's young people are "generation climate," because they will inherit the burden of the climate crisis. Young people are rising to reclaim their future, and they invite you to rise with them.This mobilization is about the health and safety of all Mainers, solidarity with those already feeling the impacts of the climate crisis, and democratized clean energy systems that work for people and the planet.Mainers cannot wait for climate action. Our primary demand is simple and common-sense: No new fossil fuel infrastructure in Maine. It's time to stop investing in yesterday's energy and start investing in the just, renewable future we want and need. If that's a vision you can get behind, join us in Augusta this weekend.You can find bus tickets and information here. Organizers have also started a ride board here.Can't make it but want to show your support? Click here to sign the petition to Maine's elected representatives.I hope to see you in Augusta!   #yiv5712695346 p {margin-bottom:1em;}