[act-ma] Planning a fundraiser in 2016? 11/9 I'm sharing Tools & Tips for Successful Fundraising Events

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 16:21:22 PST 2015

Hey friends,

Who do you know who should register for my ProfDev on Monday, 11/9? I'm
offering an in person training where I share all of my best practices, tips
and tools to run successful fundraising events. Details and register at
www.SoJust.org.

Ready to move from hosting "friendraisers" to hosting fundraisers?

To help you get started I wrote a detailed blog post showing how I use my
event strategy form (you'll be able to download template at no cost):
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/strategies-successful-fundraising-events-robbie-samuels

Join Socializing for Justice for a ProfDev training by Robbie Samuels on
Tools and Tips for Successful Fundraising Events on Monday, November 9,
6:00 - 8:30 PM at The NonProfit Center by South Station.

This training will focus on the choreography and best practices needed to
solicit at an event. You'll learn many different ways to raise money
through events: tickets, sponsorships, on-site ask, live auction, silent
auction, and raffles. To stay on track as you plan and build on past
successes, you'll receive training on how to use an event timeline, event
strategy form, and write an event summary. Participants will receive a
handout filled with resources to help them run their own successful
fundraising event.

Fee: $10 advance/$20 door - split with trainer

Limited space - register ahead of time: www.sojust.org

Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).

Newcomers always welcomed!

About Our Presenter

Robbie Samuels has been recognized as a networking expert by Inc.
andLifehacker, and profiled in Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough
Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark. Since 2009, his
engaging and fun presentations have helped a wide array of audiences
increase their confidence when it comes to relationship-building - whether
through networking, fundraising, or sales. He passionately believes
everyone should stop wasting time networking and shares how through his
signature session, “Art of the Schmooze.”

Over the last decade, as Senior Manager of Events and Donor Engagement at
GLAD, Robbie coordinated up to 25 fundraisers and donor cultivation events
a year. These fundraisers raised nearly one million dollars annually (25%
of GLAD's budget).

In 2006, he founded Socializing for Justice (SoJust.org) to build a
cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive community and network in Boston
based on the philosophies of abundance and radical inclusion. In
recognition of his social justice work, Boston City Council named his
birthday "Robbie Samuels Day" in 2011. Learn about Robbie and his work at
www.RobbieSamuels.com

Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org

With over 2800 members and 9 years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (200+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the social back in social justice.