[act-ma] >>>THU Jan 7, 7PM "When We Fight, We Win!" Book Tour in the Cambridge!

Greg Jobin-Leeds gjl at democracyandeducation.us
Fri Jan 1 13:27:48 PST 2016

Dear friends,
When We Fight We Win is finally in print! This Thursday eve, our 14 city book tour makes our Cambridge debut with the art, theatre and wisdom of leaders who are transforming our world.  Please join AgitArte, Gibran Rivera, CityLife, the Schott Foundation and other movement builders.  7 pm -- please don’t be late, event starts promptly. Join us for the after party with music and food and celebration.

LOVE,

Greg
Greg Jobin-Leeds
P L E A S E     F O R W A R D    W I D E L Y

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e/images/ba029e10-919b-4a4f-bae0-78010507bd76.jpg]

See YOU In a Week!

Co-authors Greg Jobin-Leeds, Jorge Díaz and Deymirie Hernández of AgitArte will arrive in Cambridge to launch WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!: Twenty-First-Century Social Movements and the Activists That Are Transforming Our World<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=2d8d03df49&e=50d9b58798> NATION-WIDE!

Come join a spirited conversation with featured activist artists and organizers, Gibrán Rivera, City Life|Vida Urbana, Schott Foundation for Public Education, among others. Performances planned as well!

Thumb through the pages of this handsome book! Cheer seminal initiatives gaining traction in the fight towards same-sex marriage, public education, immigrant rights, environmental justice, economic power, and ending mass incarceration.

BOOK LAUNCH (IN CAMBRIDGE)
Harvard Book Store
7:00 pm Thursday, January 7th, 2016
1256 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA

RSVP<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=cd993ed439&e=50d9b58798> AFTER PARTY with DJ
Old Cambridge Baptist Church
8:30pm-11pm
1151 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge (just down the street at the José Mateo dance studio)

We are coming to a city near you:
please plan to join us!<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=5a71f19475&e=50d9b58798>

UPCOMING TOUR STOPS

Busboys and Poets (Brookland)
7:00 pm Tuesday, January 12th
Washington, DC

City Life | Vida Urbana
6:00pm, January 19, 2016
Jamaica Plain, Boston

Creating Change Conference (Hilton Chicago)
8:30pm, January 22, 2016
Chicago, IL

Hartford Public Library - Center for Contemporary Culture
6:00pm, February 17, 2016
Hartford, CT

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT!
Please connect with us on social media

twitter @wefightwewin<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=340af79577&e=50d9b58798>
facebook please like our book!<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=373eee907a&e=50d9b58798>
instagram @whenwefightwewin<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=a704837435&e=50d9b58798>

We know: #whenwefightwewin

In Solidarity,
When We Fight, We Win! Team

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e/images/5169f06d-5f4b-4c7a-9727-d0f393a858db.jpg]

With a foreword by Colorlines’ Rinku Sen and an afterword by celebrated author Antonia Darder, WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN! weaves together personal interviews with today’s most successful activists and artists from across the country, including Patrisse Cullors-Brignac, Bill McKibben, Clayton Thomas-Muller, Karen Lewis, Favianna Rodriguez, Rea Carey, Gaby Pacheco, and other prominent changemakers—to share lessons of what works—and what hinders—transformative social change.

WHEN WE FIGHT WE WIN!: Twenty-First-Century Social Movements and the Activists That Are Transforming Our World (The New Press; Trade Paperback Original; January 5, 2016; $17.95)

BUY BOOK<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=da00e91d16&e=50d9b58798>

[VIDEO TRAILER]  A CLOSER LOOK at When We Fight, We Win! <http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=c3a13ed301&e=50d9b58798>

[Twitter]<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=50f42b84c5&e=50d9b58798>

[Facebook]<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=27e5f41a02&e=50d9b58798>

[Website]<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=26eece7d03&e=50d9b58798>

[Instagram]<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=5615a4704e&e=50d9b58798>

“As protests and demonstrations sprout across the land, young organizers and activists need to know why and how movements are sustained, and how they grow. That resource has arrived. It’s a slim volume, chock full of artwork, entitled WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!. It discusses victories and losses, high points and depths, lessons learned, and missed opportunities. The core of its message is that social movements really matter, and when they are smart, adaptive, determined, and focused, they can win against tremendous odds. For such movements change minds, they transform consciousness, and they build social power that their opponents cannot resist. They echo, in action, the words of one of the greatest black leaders in American history, Frederick Douglass, who said, ‘Without struggle, there is no progress.’”
                                                                         —Mumia Abu Jamal, author, activist, & political prisoner

This email was sent to gjl at democracyandeducation.us<mailto:gjl at democracyandeducation.us>
why did I get this?<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage.com/about?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=39fbc891d9&e=50d9b58798&c=e829ed6717>    unsubscribe from this list<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=39fbc891d9&e=50d9b58798&c=e829ed6717>    update subscription preferences<http://whenwefightwewin.us12.list-manage1.com/profile?u=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&id=39fbc891d9&e=50d9b58798>
When We Fight We Win · 678 Massachusetts Avenue Suite 504 · Cambridge, MA 02139 · USA

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=ed535f51bbb0886f9f4383b8e&afl=1>