[act-ma] 2 pickets Saturday; IWW meets Sunday 2 pm!

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:18:22 PST 2016

Join Boston's Industrial Workers of the World at two pickets tomorrow
(Saturday). From 12-2 pm, museum workers fighting for their jobs will
demonstrate <https://www.facebook.com/events/1737573686473859/> at Boston's
Museum of Fine Arts (465 Huntington Ave, Boston). The MFA has imposed a
hiring freeze, and is forcing working parents out of their jobs with
impossible schedules. Members of the Museum Independent Security Union have
been protesting every weekend; let's help them turn up the pressure!

Also tomorrow, at 3 pm, picket Whole Foods in Jamaica Plain (413 Centre
Street). When workers at the JP store petitioned for a $1/hr raise in the
face of crushing workloads, management fired Ryan, the first person to sign
the petition. Ryan and supporters have been holding Whole Foods' feet to
the fire with repeated protests
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWtAJ1XqvM>. The boss who terminated Ryan
has recently been fired; help push for Ryan's reinstatement and better pay
for Whole Foods workers!

On Sunday, check out the IWW's monthly meeting, starting at 2 pm, at 9A
Hamilton Place in Boston (Park St T & two blocks from Downtown Crossing).
The IWW is a member-run union for all workers, a union dedicated to
organizing on the job, in our industries and in our communities. IWW
members are organizing to win better conditions today and build a world
with economic democracy tomorrow. We want our workplaces run for the
benefit of workers and communities rather than for a handful of bosses and
executives.

Boston IWW Blog <http://iwwboston.org/>
Boston IWW Facebook Group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/48522752263/>
Boston IWW Facebook Page <https://www.facebook.com/BostonIWW/?fref=ts>