[act-ma] 2/13 Pena: Postponed African Heritage and its Influence in the Diasporas

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Feb 13 14:03:10 PST 2016

The Pena tonight has been moved to next Sat.  2/20 due to the extreme
weather

Join us to commemorate and celebrate African Heritage and its influence
on the many Diasporas. There are many Diasporas in the Americas
especially in the USA. We will honor our ancestors by sharing pieces of
history not widely known or spoken about.

Among these facts are the collaborative relationships between those
Indigenous Peoples of the Americas who had themselves been enslaved
before the Africans were kidnapped, brought to this part of the world
and enslaved. This is a piece of history not mentioned and not included
in USA textbooks.

Join us on the journey and enjoy some of the African Heritage influence
in music, dance and food throughout the Americas, Caribbean and parts of
Europe. Bring Afrocentric music, instruments song and stories. We have
gathered a diverse group of performers on the program. We need you to
help make this a memorable evening!

Venue: encuentro5, 9a Hamilton place Boston
across from park st T station. next to Orpheum theater and Suffolk law
school.
venue is not wheelchair accessible

$5 suggested. no one turned away
Refreshments provided