[act-ma] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: ROTTEN REPORTAGE on March 9 at Cambridge Forum

director at cambridgeforum.org director at cambridgeforum.org
Tue Mar 1 14:16:27 PST 2016

For immediate release:

March 9  ROTTEN REPORTAGE:  Do We Have the Media We Deserve?

The bulk of mainstream media in the U.S. is now owned by six
corporations that continue to gobble up smaller outlets and
independent presses. Some say that we have created a perfect echo
chamber, that the plurality of a free press is just a sad joke.
Turning on the TV or scrolling through the headlines offers only the
illusion of choice.

So is the media monopoly that we all feared, almost complete?
Is there any cause for optimism in the new journalistic market place
and in its pre-election coverage, is the national press corps
revealing its true colors?

Cambridge Forum has invited a panel of journalists and experts drawn
from the Internet, academia, and NPR to discuss the state of
journalism in America today.

Come join the discussion on March 9 at 7:00pm, 3 Church Street in Cambridge.
The event is free and all are welcome!

For more details contact Mary Stack, director at cambridgeforum.org

Mary Stack, Director
Cambridge Forum