[act-ma] 3/06 Dick Levins's memorial event from his offspring

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Mar 3 05:25:10 PST 2016

Dear friends, colleagues, comrades and broader community of Richard Levins,
As some of you know, our father, Dick Levins, died on January 19 after a
slow decline related to his congestive heart failure.  He spent his last
days and nights not in the hospital but at home in his comfortable
assisted-living apartment, surrounded by his family and friends.  We
buried him the next day in Mount Auburn Cemetery.
We will host a memorial event at 1:30pm, on Sunday, March 6 at Harvard's
Knafel Center, Radcliffe Yard, Harvard Square, Cambridge
<https://goo.gl/maps/HQnHrnd6i9p> to mourn, celebrate and reflect on his
remarkable life and our shared loss. We will gather between 1:30 and
2pm. At 2pm, a few family members and friends will speak, followed by an
opportunity for anyone in attendance to share remembrances and tributes.
Light refreshments will be served afterwards.
The Knafel Center <https://goo.gl/maps/HQnHrnd6i9p> (the old Radcliffe
gym) is an easy walk from the Harvard Square T stop. Although its formal
address is 10 Garden St., the Knafel Center is actually on Mason St.,
mid-way between Garden St. and James St./Phillips Place.
Please feel free to forward this message to others who knew Dick or his
work—the mailing list we are using is sure to be incomplete.
Alejandro, Ricardo and Aurora Levins Morales