[act-ma] Spring Speaker Training with SpeakOUT

Ellyn Ruthstrom ellyn at speakoutboston.org
Tue Mar 8 14:46:25 PST 2016

*Saturday, April 9th*

*Become a Voice for Change! *Since 1972, SpeakOUT has brought committed and
enthusiastic LGBTQIA folks together in empowering trainings to share our
personal stories and to learn how to engage with a variety of audiences.
SpeakOUT is a community of speakers working to create a world free of
homo-bi-trans-phobia and other forms of prejudice by telling the truths of
our lives. Everyone has a story to tell and sharing each other’s stories is
part of the power of the SpeakOUT training experience. The training
prepares our volunteer speakers to conduct informal, interactive speaking
engagements in high schools, colleges, businesses, government agencies,
religious classes, and community service organizations of all kinds in the
Greater Boston area and beyond.

We speak from our hearts. We speak from our own experiences. We speak to
dispel stereotypes. And we speak to let other members of the LGBTQIA
community know they are not alone. Training is on *Saturday, April 9th,
8:30am-6pm*, Lesley University, 1815 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge.* Cost:*
$75, $35 for seniors/students. Breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks
included. Inquire about group rates (for 3 or more from the same college or
organization) and sliding scale at info at speakoutboston.org.
Pre-registration required. For more information or to register, visit
bit.ly/April9training.

--
Ellyn Ruthstrom
Executive Director

Follow SpeakOUT Boston on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/SpeakOUTFAN>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/SpeakOUTBoston>!

Since 1972....The nation's first gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender
speakers bureau.