[act-ma] And Still We Rise is a collaborative theater project featuring former prisoners and their loved ones.

JP Time Exchange jptimebank at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:50:06 PDT 2016

Join us for a performance that will weave the personal experiences of the
actors—stories of imprisonment, survival and re-entry—into a gripping
afternoon of theater. And Still We Rise is dedicated to healing, public
awareness, and social change through empowering the voices of formerly
incarcerated people and their loved ones. Q&A session will follow.

This event will take place Sunday, March 20th at The First Church in
Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
<http://jptransition.org/locations/4/the-first-church-in-jamaica-plain-unitarian-universalist/>
 (6 Eliot St., Jamaica Plain, MA 02130). Suggested donation is $12 at the
door, but no one turned away due to lack of funds.

With the establishment of a safe and creative training environment and the
use of theater exercises and therapeutic techniques, we aim to:

   - Help participants gain skills and self-confidence in shaping and
   asserting their personal stories.
   - Weave their story-telling together into performances that move
   audiences to greater understanding and compassion for the struggles of
   these and other individuals who spend years incarcerated and then strive to
   integrate back into society.
   - Create a vital public forum where participants bring greater awareness
   and engagement to pressing criminal justice issues.

Join us for what promises to be a rich afternoon of theater and discussion.

RSVP and invite friends through Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/136659830052129/

--
The JP Time Exchange | https://www.hourworld.org/bank/?hw=1296