[act-ma] URGENT: Cambridge Forum on April 27 - ALL ABOUT BEES!

director at cambridgeforum.org director at cambridgeforum.org
Tue Apr 12 15:58:24 PDT 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 13, 2016
CONTACT: Mary Stack 781-424-5205

ALL ABOUT BEES
What is killing our honey bees and can we save them?
Bees don't just make honey, they pollinate a third of our food supply
- but bee colonies are disappearing at an alarming rate in the United
States.  In addition to being ecologically essential insects, bees are
highly social and complex creatures that have been subjected to a
barrage of attacks ranging from parasitic mites to high levels of
exposure from pesticides and herbicides.  In recognition of Earth Day,
  Cambridge Forum is examining the plight of the poor honey bee with
the help of Noah Wilson-Rich from Best Bees and David Hackenberg,
apiarist and owner of Buffy Bees. If you care about the future of food
and most crucially, the survival of the honey bee, please plan to
attend.  Come along and bring your bee-keeping friends!

Join us at Cambridge Forum on April 27 at 7 PM at  First  Parish
Church, 1446 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge 02138.
All are welcome and it is free!

Mary Stack, Director
Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street