[act-ma] Sat April 30 2PM Somerville March for Fossil Fuel Divestment

Boston CISPES boston at cispes.org
Fri Apr 22 11:31:12 PDT 2016

*WHAT:* March & Rally in support of fossil fuel divestment in Somerville

*WHO:* Fossil Free Somerville <http://www.fossilfreesomerville.org/> and
you!

*WHEN:* afternoon of Saturday, April 30, 2pm

*WHERE:* Rally in Davis Square, followed by march to City Hall

*RSVP and updates at:* https://www.facebook.com/events/1717044895178292/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1717044895178292/>

*WHY:* As you probably know, the City of Somerville is currently
invested in the fossil fuel industry. While Somerville works to lower
its own emissions and take other measures to address climate change as a
city, we are funding companies that spend billions of dollars funding
climate change denial and lobbying against common sense efforts needed
to reduce emissions. Not only that, our fossil fuel investments are
almost certainly losing money
<https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/09/21/massachusetts-pension-fund-hit-losses-fossil-fuel-stocks-group-estimates/Z4ar6PvzmWJ3cqlnweOvWK/story.html>!

The campaign to divest Somerville from the fossil fuel industry has made
a lot of progress over the last couple of years. We can win this fight,
but *we need YOUR help* to get it over the line. Come out and show your
support for fossil fuel divestment in Somerville!

More details will be forthcoming. Save the date!