[act-ma] May 17, Tuesday: Boston Student Walkout - Adult support needed

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sun May 8 21:06:55 PDT 2016

-------- Forwarded Message -------

    Peace friends,

    If possible please come out, support and stand in solidarity with
    the second Boston student walkout (following the historic first
    walkout of 2,000 students in March) in response to devastating
    budget cuts and school closures being proposed by the City's
    corporate politicians.

    Walk-out on TUESDAY, MAY 17 @1pm
    Testify or Pack The Hall @ Boston City Hall @2pm
    Strategize and Get Involved @4pm
    They've called for adult allies. Spread the word. (See below)
    In solidarity, Drew

*From: *"Monty Neill monty at fairtest.org <mailto:monty at fairtest.org>"

  *Student Boston Walkout - Adult support needed*
  <https://www.facebook.com/events/241327782923813/>

ADULT SUPPORT NEEDED!

MAY 17 BOSTON STUDENT WALK OUT TO SAVE OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

The city of Boston could close up to 40% of, or more than 30, schools.

It's time to STAND UP and FIGHT BACK!

Walk-out on TUESDAY, MAY 17 @1pm
Testify or Pack The Hall @ Boston City Hall @2pm
Strategize and Get Involved @4pm

We demand that the city:

1. FULLY Fund, Not Close, Our Public Schools
So that we can graduate ready for success

2. ELIMINATE High-Stakes Tests
That are used to punish students, teachers and schools

3. STOP unnecessary suspensions and expulsions
and replace them with solutions that address the problem

4. INVEST NOW, not LATER
In a world-class education for all students

Students have clearly indicated they seek adult support. Be there at
City Hall in person if you can. Use social media to spread the word and
indicate your support, before and after. Let the pols know you support
the students!

--
Monty Neill, Ed.D.; Executive Director, FairTest; P.O. Box 300204,
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130; 617-477-9792 <tel:617-477-9792>;

Donate to FairTest: https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/fairtest

_