[act-ma] 11/3 Public Hearing on Landmark Designation for the Harvard Sq Kiosk - Cambridge Historical Commission (Thur)

James in Cambridge tompaine at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:55:53 PDT 2016

 Dear Friends & Supporters of Landmark Designation for the Harvard Sq Kiosk:

   Please join us if you can for this important Public Hearing before the Cambridge Historical

Commission, on Thursday, November 3, at the Cambridge Senior Center, directly across

the street from City Hall (on Massachusetts Avenue: there's a stop on the #1 Dudley Bus

in either direction; and it's a short walk from the Central Square T Station.)

  The Agenda can be found linked below. We can't be sure exactly when our item on their agenda will be heard, but probably at, or after, around 8 p.m. -- be sure to call the CHC office earlier in the afternoon to get their best "estimate" of when our Petition for Landmark Designation for the Harvard Square Kiosk will be heard:

  Sarah Burks, Preservation Planner

  phone: (617) 349-4687 or TTY: (617) 349-6112

  E-mail Sarah Burks  [sburks at cambridgema.gov]

  Contact Sarah Burks if you have questions regarding historic districts, the Harvard Square

  neighborhood conservation district, landmarks, or demolition review.

  See the official CHC Agenda for Thursday, November 3, 2016, here:

https://www.cambridgema.gov/~/media/Files/historicalcommission/pdf/agenda_chc_current.pdf?la=en

  Any member of the Public may comment on our Petition. There is typically a time limit
imposed on the Public (though never on "developers") of three minutes. There will be some
very interesting presentations and commentary in support of Landmarking the Kiosk. The
Commission will be deciding whether to initiate/authorize a "Landmark Designation Study,"
which can take up to a year, and is conducted largely by CHC Staff.

  If you haven't yet signed our online Petition, please do so, and ask your friends to do the
same! If you sign up with an email address, we will keep you posted from time to time with useful updates and occasional action alerts.
  The online Petition, hosted at change.org, can be found here:
  https://www.change.org/p/cambridge-historical-commission-support-landmark-designation-for-the-harvard-square-kiosk
   Please sign!

  BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. for our ad hoc Committee, James Williamson