[act-ma] 02/06/17: Legal Community Against Fascism

B Evans ben.c.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:36:25 PST 2017

WHAT:

Legal Community Rally in Support of the Resistance

WHEN:

Monday, 02/06/17

1:00pm

WHERE: 2 locations

Boston

1 Pemberton Sq

(btwn Park St T & Govt Center T)

Springfield

64 State Street

(btwn Juvenile Court & the Hall of Justice)

WHY:

#Resist

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 1:00pm lawyers, legal workers, law students,
paralegals, court interpreters, investigators, social service advocates,
and others who work in the courts will gather in Boston in front of the
SJC, One Pemberton Square, Boston (between Park Street T and Govt Center
T), and in Springfield in front of the Hall of Justice, 64 State Street.

​

This is an opportunity for the legal community to express our solidarity
with the growing movements against the new regime and its white supremacist
agenda. We plan to stand in support of the hard won constitutional
protections for human rights, freedom of speech, the rule of law, etc.

We are hoping to highlight the perspectives of frontline communities, and
those of people who have been primary targets for the fascists, so far.
Speakers will include former political prisoner Kazi Toure.

For those in the Springfield area see
https://www.facebook.com/events/1169975686452228/

We hope that attorneys in Massachusetts will be able to make one or the
other of these events.

And if you can make it, bring signs!

yours in solidarity,

Benjamin Evans