[act-ma] 2/21 Generation Revolution

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Feb 9 07:51:52 PST 2017

In honor of Black History Month, SubDrift is excited to present the
Boston premiere of "Generation Revolution," a feature-length documentary
film that brings to screen the powerful story of London’s new generation
of black and brown activists. View the trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0-BGmE9PQ
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0-BGmE9PQ>

In an era of Brexit and Trump, it is important to consider how
communities of color can stand in solidarity with each other both
locally and globally, and how arts can be a vehicle for social change.
The UK-based co-directors of "Generation Revolution," Usayd Younis and
Cassie Quarless (who are of South Asian and black descent,
respectively), will be present for Q&A and discussion after the film.

EMW Bookstore <https://www.facebook.com/emwbookstore/>
934 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
6:30-9:30 PM
<https://www.facebook.com/emwbookstore/>

We ask for a $5-10 donation to support the powerful work of these
emerging filmmakers.

More about "Generation Revolution" here: http://www.genrevfilm.com/

-----
Subcontinental Drift Boston (SubDrift) is part of a national movement
building creative community amongst local South Asians. Through regular
open mics and other programming, we create space for powerful artistic
expression and collaboration. All are welcome!

Follow us on Twitter/Instagram @subdriftboston

https://www.facebook.com/events/624996257705412/