[act-ma] Tax Day Rally (4/15) Announces Speakers & Performers!

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Mon Apr 10 11:08:51 PDT 2017

Tax Day Rally Saturday, April 15, 1:00 pm
Cambridge Common

Trump must release all his tax returns

Corporations and 1%ers should pay their fair share in taxes

Oppose the Trump/Ryan “Death Budget”

Support the People’s Budget

[image: Sign Up]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Sg1K8E6d7%2F073Nra5fTYUmiGl3WB6Ui4>
*Info*: bit.ly/tax-day-info
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZmOf9c88SkNPbDlMLl6CGKg2kxKCZSLz>

*Sign up/ Volunteer*: bit.ly/tax-day-signup
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fhwFkIU7M748yhEZoqS4oag2kxKCZSLz>

*If ever patriots were needed to address threats to the country, that time
is now.*

*Below we announce the speakers and performers who will highlight our Tax
Day Rally on Cambridge Common, Saturday, April 15!*

Trump’s lies, corruption and his new budget proposal pose a clear and
present danger to the nation

   - *We Demand** that Donald Trump release his tax returns! *Expose
   Trump’s conflicts of interests and business connections. As a billionaire,
   he will directly benefit from his proposed tax breaks.

   - *We Demand** that big corporations and people with very high incomes
   pay their fair share of taxes. *Oppose the hundreds of billions of
   dollars in even more “big, big” tax giveaways promised by the president.

Confirmed Speakers

Barbara Madeloni, President, Massachusetts Teachers Association

Cassandra Bensahih, EPOCA/ Jobs Not Jails

representative, New England Independence Campaign

Molly Hannon, Massachusetts Alliance of HUD Tenants

Dan Fishman, political director, Libertarian Party of Mass.

Emily Kirkland, 350 Massachusetts

Rev. Vernon Walker, Pine Street Inn

Josh Hoxie, Institute of Policy Studies
Performers

Vocal Opposition
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vo3BsusNIt%2Bs4H09tc9SlKg2kxKCZSLz>
(protest
chorus)

Loyal Opposition (patriotic Dixieland tunes)

Maurice Taylor
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IsLZxhb3aAfTkgEecGPca6g2kxKCZSLz>
(spoken
word)

   - *Oppose** Trump’s “Death Budget”*
      - Stand up for our families: the president’s budget poses a mortal
      threat to affordable housing, job training, senior programs, education,
      public transportation, job safety, rural development programs
and services
      of all kinds, and emergency food, housing and heating support.
      - [image: Sign Up]
      <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wdD%2BgP76ckLeaolCWZbc8Kg2kxKCZSLz>Oppose
      the all-out attack on our climate, environment, and health that
lie at the
      center of Trump’s budget proposal.
      - Redirect Pentagon spending to meet our human needs. Instead of
      increasing military spending by $54 billion a year—fueling wars,
lining the
      pockets of the military-industrial-congressional complex, and
building “The
      Wall”, fund critical domestic programs and our states and towns
      - Support the *People’s Budget* as a positive alternative

*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kyxdhWOP0g5RpVEdZMKEEqg2kxKCZSLz>**
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vv38UDWRZEtXArcnMoL5n2iGl3WB6Ui4>**Sign
Up to Attend and/or Volunteer!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mlqQCkxxCAdLMBjnZIg3j6g2kxKCZSLz>*
 * Join us for a great gathering of patriots on Cambridge Common on April
15, the site where George Washington first took command of the army of the
Continental Congress to fight for our independence from empire and tyranny.*

*Note:* The Tax Day Rally was previously announced as taking place on
Boston Common and at Moakley Park.  These have been changed!  The correct
location is Cambridge Common.  We apologize for the confusion.

*Donate!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pMEAPUJ2seIU4JhfPiqJ%2FKg2kxKCZSLz>**
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ERpW1v9ErgzQWxOrHhIyv6g2kxKCZSLz>*
  We need your help so we can make Tax Day Rally as big as possible!

*Sponsors:* Budget for All Campaign info at budget4allmass.org • Massachusetts
Alliance of HUD Tenants michaelkane at saveourhomes.org • Massachusetts Peace
Action info at masspeaceaction.org  • American Friends Service Committee
pshannon at afsc.org • New England Independence Campaign • 617-354-2169
<(617)%20354-2169>
[image: Cole Harrison]

For a People's Revolution

Cole Harrison
Executive Director

P.S. Don't forget to sign up to attend or volunteer at the Tax Day Rally!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uQ1%2Fwd1bHuI3ns3EtHZDI6g2kxKCZSLz>

--
Cole Harrison
Executive Director