[act-ma] 7/04 10th Annual Anti-Imperialist Picnic

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Jun 28 11:10:55 PDT 2017

Anti-Imperialist Picnic Tuesday July 4th.  Noon to 4 PM  (A tradition
since 2008)

Are you sick of all those boring July Fourths you've suffered through?
Too much red, white, and blue? Have you had enough of that July 4th
American jingoism? But you still do love grilling and relaxing with
friends, don't you?

Well then, the Anti-Imperialist Picnic is for you! On July 4th at noon
to 4PM come on out to the Allston Brighton riverside. It will be right
next to the canoe and kayak rental place.

Here are detailed directions:
http://www.paddleboston.com/boston/directions.php

Potluck We will be grilling many things like hamburgers, hotdogs.There
will be food and drink for all! If you can please bring food, drinks,
footballs, Frisbees, or other things to share. Vegan food a plus!

People will meet up to have a picnic and NOT partake in the July 4th
spectacle. We meet on this day to say NO to the U.S. government's
imperial intentions, its war on working people worldwide, and its
exploitative economic system. We come together to show solidarity with
people who are
fighting against capitalism, colonialism, imperialism, patriarchy,
xenophobia, and all other forms of oppression!

For many years radicals have come out on this day to relax with friends
and comrades and to show our opposition to the imperial intentions of
the US government.

Directions: Head west on Soldiers Field Road. The Charles river will be
on your right. After the Eliot Bridge, look for the first parking area
to pull off the road. We will be near the Kayak rental area.
If you are coming by public transportation, take bus 70 to Western Ave.
and Everett St. It's about a 10 minute walk. Go down Everett St and turn
right at Soldiers Field Road.
It's about 1.3 miles from the Harvard Square T stop
Here's a map: http://tinyurl.com/jqrcrzz

Facebook Link
<https://www.facebook.com/events/445790252447397/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%222%22%2C%22ref_dashboard_filter%22%3A%22calendar%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D>