[act-ma] August 19th: Surveillance Camera Mapping Picnic

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Sun Jul 30 11:04:29 PDT 2017

The Massachusetts Pirate Party activists have mapped surveillance cameras
in many cities and towns, but downtown Boston remains little explored. To
fix that, our surveillance camera mapping picnic will be Saturday, August
19th.  We will meet near the Parkman Bandstand on Boston Common starting at
noon.

The schedule is:

   - noon-1pm: food and training;
   - 1pm-2:30pm: map cameras;
   - 2:30pm-3:30pm: come back and debrief.

We will show you how to map cameras using Open Street Map (OSM) software on
your smart phone or on a paper map for later entry into OSM. We have tested
some mobile phone OSM software and will provide How To guides.

We plan to have these events in other cities before the Winter comes, so
contact us at info at masspirates.org if you want to set one up in your
community. To find out where people have mapped cameras so far, check out
cctv.masspirates.org.

We would appreciate it if you told us if you plan to attend:
https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=26

Thanks!