[act-ma] Fwd: [PassMassAmendment] Petition to Reduce the Influence of Money in OUR Elections!

Terra terraf at compuserve.com
Mon Aug 28 19:57:24 PDT 2017

Please post...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[PassMassAmendment] Petition to Reduce the Influence of Money
in OUR Elections!
Date: 	Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:48:37 -0400
From: 	PassMassAmendment <passmassamendment at gmail.com>
To: 	passmassamendment at googlegroups.com

To see web version, click here!
<http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/Monthly+Newsletter>

September, 2017: Petitioning time! See below.

[image: We The Corporations JPEG.jpg]

You are invited to our next monthly meeting: Saturday, September 9, at 1:30
at the Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge.

***

The 9-week push for signatures is about to begin!

Warm up your clipboards and test your pens, because we’re going to need
your help in gathering 90,000 signatures in support of our newest ballot
initiative campaign. It requires that those funding our Massachusetts state
and municipal elections disclose all original sources of political
contributions, or a disclaimer is added to all advertisements that “foreign
nationals are most likely funding this advertisement.” This ballot
initiative corresponds to our bill H3559
<https://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/file/view/H3559.pdf/611169149/H3559.pdf>,
which is in the statehouse right now.

The signatures you gather bring us closer to this becoming a referendum
question for the people to vote on directly. And they send a strong message
to our legislators that we’re sick of “dark money” and foreign entities
corrupting the democratic process!

Please do what you can!

•Think you have no time to help? Remember, every little bit counts. Really!

•Gathering signatures not your thing? Vital behind-the-scenes work awaits
you.

We’ll let you know when to check our website
<http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/The+Ballot+Initiative> for the
information and materials you’ll need.

***

Stay closer to the action (Action List, that is):

Do you just get our monthly announcements? Do you welcome more frequent
contact? “Yes,” you say? That’s great! Sign up for our Action List. Just
"The Battle of our Age"
www.PassMassAmendment.org

--
Join the Battle of our Age!
"Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech"
PassMassAmendment at gmail.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "passmassamendment announcement list" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/passmassamendment.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/passmassamendment/CABiTajB2xR49eYoWYLzSVO%3D9ZXrAp7YTLo900pngL0F48HxUAA%40mail.gmail.com.