[act-ma] Fw: [baza] Protest Bill Clinton tomorro 10/13 at Northeastern

Daniel Kontoff daniel.kontoff at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 09:57:46 PDT 2017

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "Daniel Kontoff" <daniel.kontoff at yahoo.com> To: "Julius Zack" <zackj2294 at gmail.com> Cc:  Sent: Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM Subject: Fw: [baza] Protest Bill Clinton tomorro 10/13 at Northeastern

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "David Rolde" <davidrolde at comcast.net> To: "baza palestine" <baza at lists.riseup.net> Cc: "Susan M" <susanmmortimer at hotmail.com>, "pf soto" <pfsoto at mynas.com>, "Carolyn Poinelli" <gingkolady22 at yahoo.com> Sent: Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM Subject: [baza] Protest Bill Clinton tomorro 10/13 at Northeastern  Bill & Chelsea Clinton will be at Northeastern University this weekend for the “10th annual Clinton Global Initiative University meeting”.  https://news.northeastern.edu/2017/10/president-bill-clinton-chelsea-clinton-and-student-leaders-to-convene-at-northeastern-for-clinton-global-initiative-university/
The opening plenary will be tomorrow Friday Oct 13 at 6:30pm - 8pm at the Matthews Arena.  https://mytickets.northeastern.edu/Online/default.asp#_ga=2.208071250.1144530980.1507738815-1969394706.1507738815
The Matthews Arena is on the south side of St Botolph Street between Mass Ave and Gainsborough St. near the Mass Ave Orange Line T stop.  http://www.northeastern.edu/campusmap/printable/campusmap15.pdf
Some anti-war activists are organizing a protest from 5:30 til 9 or whenever it ends.  https://www.facebook.com/events/1934630696796801/     I will try to be there, but you could ask Dan the Bagelman for more information.
Last time I protested Bill Clinton I had a big sign that he should be arrested for genocide against a list of countries.  I think that is the right message.  Bill Clinton has committed war crimes and genocide against Afghanistan, African/Black communities in the so-called “USA”, Colombia, Congo, Haiti, Iraq, Palestine, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Yugoslavia , and I am sure I am leaving some out.  And Hillary Clinton should be locked up for her genocidal crimes against Libya and Syria too.
It is also possible that the Northeastern University food service workers’ union might be picketing the Bill Clinton event too. http://freebeacon.com/issues/union-picket-clinton-event-boston-university/   although I am not sure if their picket will really happen.  The contract issue might be worked out, or the union might back out of picketing since they are led by Democrats, or they might picket at a different time during the weekend. I don’t know.  I think if the union workers were picketing it would be good in a way that then the cops might be more likely to allow us to protest, but anti-imperialist protest messages might be drowned out by liberal protest messages.
~ David Rolde

---
To unsubscribe: <mailto:baza-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>