[act-ma] FREE Training for Organizers! Healing & Dialogue Key to Movement Building

Esteniolla Maitre esteniolla at youthonboard.org
Wed Nov 15 11:59:28 PST 2017

Dear ACT-MA,

I am writing to share an upcoming training by Youth on Board's
ListeningWorks.  You are encouraged to attend. $100 honorarium provided.

Dear Community Activists & Movement Builders,

Youth on Board is happy to announce that its national project ListeningWorks
<http://www.youthonboard.org/listeningworks>, a project training movement
leaders on effective listening and healing skills to bridge communities in
the face of hate and division, is offering a training on December 3 in
Boston (exact location TBD). It is entitled:

*"ListeningWorks: Healing and Dialogue for Movement Builders and Community
Leaders"*

Expect to experience and learn about our proven Action & Support model,
which incorporates peer counseling, restorative justice and nonviolent
communication practices. It prepares organizers to effectively to support
themselves and their people *and* engage with communities that may hold
differing opinions and values.

Our political climate of division and intolerance today requires that
individuals and organizations need tools that are more effective,
sustainable, restorative and resilient. So, if interested in learning about
a supportive and human-centered approach to organizing, you may contact the
organizers and register HERE
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/listeningworks-healing-and-dialogue-for-movement-builders-and-community-leaders-tickets-39557105367?aff=eac2>
!

*Note:* We are highly encouraging movement & community leaders with
marginalized identities (youth, POC, working class/poor, LGBTQ, women, etc)
to attend. We welcome allies, but encourage you to help in getting these
leaders to attend on behalf of your organization/group. Thank you! Lunch
and light breakfast will be provided as well as a $100 honorarium.

--

Esteniolla M.

ListeningWorks <http://www.youthonboard.org/listeningworks> Project Manager

Youth on Board <http://youthonboard.org/> | Boston Student Advisory Council
<http://www.youthonboard.org/boston-student-advisory-council>
<http://youthonboard.org/> <http://www.bostonstudentrights.org/>

Download BSAC's Boston Student Rights App here
<http://www.bostonstudentrights.org/>

*--*

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication by someone other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.