[act-ma] Upcoming Campaign Workshops in Worcester and Somerville

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Mon Feb 19 17:58:03 PST 2018

The Massachusetts Pirate Party has two campaign workshops coming up:

   - Worcester: Saturday, February 24th, 2-4pm. It is in the Banx Room at
   the Worcester Public Library at 3 Salem St. The library is wheelchair
   accessible. Please register.
   <https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/register?id=30&reset=1> You
   can share the full event listing
   <https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=30> with
   your friends or the Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/2121467771408311/>.
   - Somerville: Saturday, March 3rd, 11am-2pm. It is in the Auditorium on
   the first floor of the Somerville Public Library at 79 Highland Ave. The
   library is wheelchair accessible. Please register.
   <https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=31> You
   can share the full event listing
   <https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=31> with
   your friends or the Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/258883854650750/>.

Our campaign workshops focus on what you need to do to be successful,
whether you win or not. We'll explain how to run small but effective
campaigns, logistics (filing paperwork and gathering signatures), and what
happens after you've won the election.

2018 is here and with that comes town, state, and federal elections.
Massachusetts elections are often uncontested. About 60% of state
legislators do not have a single opponent. You can change that and it
doesn't take a fortune to run, you don't need an army of volunteers, and
the work you do can make a real difference in your community!

Our workshops are open to everyone, regardless of party affiliation. People
who've served in local office are also encouraged to attend. We hope you'll
share your experiences, and the things you learned while running.
You can find out more about the Massachusetts Pirate Party at
masspirates.org.