[act-ma] 5/26 Green-Rainbow Party annual state convention (Sat)

Matthew Andrews matthewandrews80 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 14:28:40 PDT 2018

Members of the Greater Boston Chapter of the Green-Rainbow Party will be
car pooling to our annual state convention in Worcester this Saturday.
If you would like to come, please register and email me if you need a ride.

Saturday, May 26th

9:00am - 4:15pm

First Unitarian Church of Worcester
90 Main St
Worcester, MA 01609
United States
Google map and directions
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=90+Main+St%2C+Worcester%2C+MA+01609%2C+United+States>

      *Keynote Speaker: Cindy Sheehan*

Cindy Sheehan is a peace and social justice activist who became
internationally known after her son Casey was killed in Iraq and she
subsequently set up a peace camp outside then president George Bush's
vacation home in Crawford Texas. Sheehan is the author of seven books
and host and executive producer of CindySheehan's Soapbox podcast.
Currently Cindy is lead organizer for the Oct 21st action: Women's March
on the Pentagon.

      *Paul Popinchalk Address: /Hope for Our Climate Future: Technical
      & Political Mitigation Efforts/*

      *//*

People everywhere are experiencing the growing crisis of climate change.
Images of drought, forest fires and melting glaciers are all too
familiar. Despite inaction by the US, the world's second largest CO2
emitter, there are hopeful developments in technology, financial
investment and political action globally as individuals and nations rise
to the call for environmental responsibility.

    Preregister here
    <http://www.green-rainbow.org/2018_state_convention_rsvp>

Meet the candidates for state reps, State Auditor, Treasurer and
Secretary of the commonwealth

      Workshops:

  * Coalition Building
  * Organizing a political alternative: How to be a player in the
    political process
  * Rank Choice Voting - Coming soon to Massachusetts?
  * Puerto Rico: Belongs to the United States But is not part of the
    United States!

      *And more:*

  * Silent auction
  * Tables for vendors and like minded orgs.
  * Awesomely delicious vegan & vegetarian lunch included in the
    convention fee

    Reserve your spot today
    <http://www.green-rainbow.org/2018_state_convention_rsvp>

Green-Rainbow Party