[act-ma] THURSDAY 8/30: Peace Treaty Now in Korea: Standout and Reportback - Park Street

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Thu Aug 23 14:04:08 PDT 2018

Peace Treaty Now in Korea: Standout and Reportback
Thursday, August 30 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm ~ Park Street Station
[image: World Peace: One Korea. Korea is One]
Peace Treaty Now!We, Korea Peace and Unification Action of Boston rally for
a lasting peace on the Korean peninsula. Come and join us to talk about
peace, reconciliation, disarmament in Korea.

*Standout for Korea Peace:* 5pm to 6pm, Park Street Station
[image: Keumjoo Armstrong]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/KeumjooArmstrong.jpg>

Keumjoo Armstrong

*Reportback by Keumjoo Armstrong on her summer visit to Korea:* 6pm to 7pm,
Encuentro 5, 9A Hamilton Place, across the street.

We Korean Americans applaud the success of the US-North Korea Summit in
Singapore. We extend our deepest gratitude to President Moon of South
Korea, President Trump and Chairman Kim of North Korea for their openness
and resolve that the threat of war can be removed from the Korean
Peninsula. Our hope is for the step by step peaceful reunification of
Korea. We urge President Trump to continue to pursue a “maximum engagement”
policy with North Korea. Now is the time to move forward implementing the
Joint Statement of the Singapore Summit!

*Sign a peace treaty with North Korea!* After the Korean War the US and
North Korea signed an armistice in 1953, a compromise that resulted in
decades of military tension on the Korean peninsula. Now is the time to
declare an end to the Korean War and replace the armistice with a peace
treaty between all participants in that war which killed 4 millions Koreans.

*We demand complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula*.
Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula means not only eliminating North
Korea’s nuclear weapons but also denuclearizing the land, air, and seas of
the entire peninsula. Both the US and North Korea should ban the testing,
production, reception, possession, storage, stationing, and/or use of
nuclear weapons on the entire Korean Peninsula. Getting rid of nuclear
weapons should proceed step by step in coordination measures to remove
sanctions as verified denuclearization moves forward. As part of these
trust-building measures, North Korea should continue repatriating the
remains of U.S. MIA’s and North and South Korea should step us family
re-unifications.

Korea Peace and Unification Action of Boston: kpuaboston at gmail.com

Massachusetts Peace Action: info at masspeaceaction.org/ 617-354-2169
<(617)%20354-2169>