[act-ma] The Night Time Is The Right Time -“Midnight Voices” Sponsored by Veterans for Peace: Third Thursday February 21, 2019 at 7- 7-9:30 PM This Month Show Us Your Stuff-We Are Having An “Open Mic” Program

alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 07:36:35 PST 2019

The Night Time Is The Right Time -“Midnight Voices” Sponsored by Veterans for Peace: Third Thursday February 21, 2019 at 7- 7-9:30 PM This Month Show Us Your Stuff-We Are Having An “Open Mic” Program

Friends Meeting House –5 Longfellow Park (across from Longfellow House on Brattle Street), Cambridge

“Open Mic” this month will give each performer about ten minutes to show us what they have been up to, maybe three songs, a few poems, a short story, or explain some work of art they have been busy working on. Sign up when you come or contact Al Johnson at alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net mailto:alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net .

Admission is FREE and refreshments provided!

Many thanks to our contact person Homer Franck, Ian Harrington and the Peace and Social Action Committee of the

Cambridge Friends Meeting House.

More about “Midnight Voices”

Welcome to all poets, writers, musicians, veterans, supporters, soldiers, free spirits- Midnight Voices is held each third Thursday of month. This month we have an “open mic” program planned with an intermission somewhere in the middle depending on the number of people who sign up. We encourage each performer to save a few minutes for audience questions about what they are performing and how the “muse” came to them.

Anybody, performers or audience, who has books, music and such
for sale or for giving away feel free to bring them along as we will have a table set up for that purpose table.

Next Third Thursday program will be March 21st and we hope more people will attend either as performers or audience to show some appreciation for the array of talent which deserves more support. If you cannot attend at least spread the word through your social networks.

Save the date-Pat Scanlon banjo man and singer-songwriter channeling one Pete Seeger will highlight the March Midnight Voices on the 21st making up for the date we had to cancel due to snow in November.

We will finish by about 9:00 PM or so to clean up and chat-All are most welcome.