[act-ma] SATURDAY: Rally to Prevent War with Iran!

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Fri May 31 12:04:05 PDT 2019

Rally to Prevent War with Iran!
Saturday, June 1 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm ~ Watertown Square
Saturday, June 1 @  11am - 12 noon ~ Old Court House, Main St between
Gothic & King, Northampton
[image: No War with Iran rally, Cambridge, Aug 3, 2018]
Watertown Speakers:

*Jimmy Tingle* – Humor for Humanity; former candidate for Lt. Governor

*Sen. Will Brownsberger* – 2nd Suffolk & Middlesex District

*Mojgan Haji* – National Iranian-American Council

*representative* – Watertown Citizens for Peace, Justice and the Environment

*Cole Harrison* – Massachusetts Peace Action

*Directions: *Take the 71 bus from Harvard Square

Donald Trump is threatening war on Iran. On Sunday, May 19th he tweeted
that a fight between our two countries would mark, “the official end of
Iran.” These genocidal threats cannot go unchecked. Military experts are
warning that a war with Iran would be horrific. Our friend Colonel Larry
Wilkerson recently stated that the conflict would be, “a disaster that will
make the 10 years in Iraq look like child’s play by comparison.”

Join us to raise awareness of this crisis and protest the Trump
Administration’s reckless rhetoric and attempts to destabilize yet another
Middle Eastern country.
[image: USS Abraham Lincoln]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/uss-abe-lincoln.jpg>

An F/A-18E Super Hornet launches from the flight deck of the Nimitz-class
aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Red Sea, May 10, 2019 Reuters

In Northampton, a second rally will gather at the Old Hampshire County
Courthouse on June 1 at 11am. See details here.
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/rally-in-northampton-no-war-with-iran/>

We will urge our representatives to support the Prevention of
Unconstitutional War with Iran Act (H.R. 2354). Senators Warren and Markey
have cosponsored the Senate version (S.1039) but, with the exception of
Congressman Jim McGovern from Worcester, none of our Congresspeople have
signed on to this crucial piece of legislation. Those who claim to resist
President Trump must resist his march to an unconstitutional war.

With National Security Adviser John Bolton leading the way, the Trump
Administration is exacerbating tensions by sending a Carrier Strike Group
and a squadron of B-52 bombers to the region as a show of force. A war
between the United States and Iran would be devastating to the people of
both countries. It cannot be allowed to happen. Join us in Watertown Square
on June 1st. Together we will make our voices heard and take a stand for
diplomacy and peace.

Sponsors: Massachusetts Peace Action; Watertown Citizens for Peace,
Justice, and the Environment; Arlington United for Justice with Peace;
National Iranian-American Council

--
*"Not one step back"*

Cole Harrison
Executive Director
Massachusetts Peace Action - the Commonwealth's largest grassroots peace
organization
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-354-2169 w
617-466-9274 m