[act-ma] Navigating Fear in Scary Times (6/17) and other events at Beacon Hill Friends House

Emily Savin program at bhfh.org
Wed Jun 12 14:40:11 PDT 2019

Friends,

Please join Beacon Hill Friends House at these upcoming events:

   - Monday, June 17: *Navigating Fear In Scary Time*s
   <https://bhfh.org/events/navigating-fear-in-scary-times-screening-discussion-of-a-live-webinar-by-eileen-flanagan/>
screening
   and discussion
   - Sunday, June 30: *Tema Okun & Donna Bivens: Teaching For Racial
   Justice In These Times
   <https://bhfh.org/events/teaching-for-racial-justice-in-these-times-with-tema-okun-donna-bivens/>*
   - Saturday, July 13: Join us at our annual *Midsummer Cookout & Open
   House
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-midsummer-cookout-and-open-house-tickets-62503054318>!*

Monday, June 17, 7:30pm:
*Navigating Fear In Scary Times
<https://bhfh.org/events/navigating-fear-in-scary-times-screening-discussion-of-a-live-webinar-by-eileen-flanagan/>*
How can we stay attuned to the news of the world without shutting down? How
can we take wise and grounded action without letting fear throw us off? How
can we sustain ourselves to keep working for change in times like these?
Join us for a screening and discussion of a live webinar by climate
activist Eileen Flanagan. *Wheelchair accessible room. Free and open to the
public. Please click here for details and RSVP.
<https://bhfh.org/events/navigating-fear-in-scary-times-screening-discussion-of-a-live-webinar-by-eileen-flanagan/>*

Sunday, June 30, 1-4pm:
*Tema Okun & Donna Bivens: Teaching For Racial Justice In These Times
<https://bhfh.org/events/teaching-for-racial-justice-in-these-times-with-tema-okun-donna-bivens/>*
Racial justice educators and trainers, and teachers of all kinds who carry
a concern for racial justice, are invited to join Tema Okun and Donna
Bivens for this opportunity to gather and share wisdom with each other
through inquiry and reflection. Both facilitators bring a spiritual lens
and many years of practice and scholarship to this work. *Wheelchair
accessible room. Sliding scale admission $25-$100; no one turned away for
lack of funds.** Please click here for details and registration.
<https://bhfh.org/events/teaching-for-racial-justice-in-these-times-with-tema-okun-donna-bivens/>*

Saturday, July 13, 12-4pm:
*Midsummer Cookout & Open House
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-midsummer-cookout-and-open-house-tickets-62503054318>*
We hope to see many of you at our eighth annual Midsummer Cookout on
Saturday, July 13, from 12-4pm. Friends, family, House alumni, neighbors,
and others are all welcome to join the BHFH residents at this jubilant open
house event for food, fellowship, and even some ping-pong. Join us, and
bring friends! Potluck contributions of non-refrigerated side dishes,
desserts, and snacks are appreciated but not required. (Please note this is
an alcohol-free event.) *Free and open to the public. RSVP requested but
not required. Please click here for more information (including wheelchair
accessibility details) and RSVP.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-midsummer-cookout-and-open-house-tickets-62503054318>*

We hope to see you soon!

Emily
--
Emily Savin (pronouns: she/her)
Program Manager

*COMING UP AT THE FRIENDS HOUSE*

*Sponsored by BHFH:*

   - Monday, June 17: Navigating Fear In Scary Times
   <https://bhfh.org/events/navigating-fear-in-scary-times-screening-discussion-of-a-live-webinar-by-eileen-flanagan/>
screening
   and discussion
   - Sunday, June 30: *Tema Okun & Donna Bivens: Teaching For Racial
   Justice In These Times
   <https://bhfh.org/events/teaching-for-racial-justice-in-these-times-with-tema-okun-donna-bivens/>*
   - Saturday, July 13: Join us at our annual *Midsummer Cookout & Open
   House
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-midsummer-cookout-and-open-house-tickets-62503054318>!*

*Sponsored by Our Friends:*

   - Monday, June 10-Friday, June 14: BHFH is pleased to be a venue for the
   Fringe Concerts of the Boston Early Music Festival. *Click here for full
   BHFH concert listings.
   <https://bhfh.org/events/berwick-fiddle-consort-boston-early-music-festival/>*